Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Not sure where to put this, this forum seems to be the best place for it.
Long story short, garage got a little flooded and a stack of boxes that were full of minatures started collapsing at the bottom and going mouldy. I opened up a few boxes to check and although the cardboard boxes (and paper army lists) are covered in mould the minatures look ok.
So does mould have any effect on minatures (Plastic, metal and green stuff)? Or am I ok to leave them in those boxes till I can find some replacements?
2000AD's answer to all "How do VC deal with ..." questions: Forbidden Lore + 2 Power Stones.
Further answers will require more vodka.
The miniatures should be fine, if liable to be crushed by everything else sitting on them.
While there are moulds that will/do eat plastics, they are rather uncommon and highly unlikely to be found in the average garage. The metals and green stuff should be safe too (but don't quote me on that one).
Mysterious Member of the ANZAC Clan
i think the only thing thats at risk is the paint (if they are painted) and the GS. Ive never seen (or heard) of a mould that feeds on metal, and i dont think it would eat plastic directly (unless you have vitamin enhanced minis )
Well I dont think it would eat through the material but if it grows on it you might have a challenge getting the mold of without taking the paint or other stuff
Hey if they are marines you can say they have the Mark of Nurgle )
Erik Moraki's Great Company 16/4/7
Borgut "SBD" GreatStrider's Ogres 6/1/2
An'Gorath's World Eaters 3/0/2
Sigurd GreatFang's Wulfen Host 7/4/3
Mould can probably damage the paint jobs on models. To destroy mould you need to expose it to sunlight. Sunlight kills mould, thats why mould grows in dark places. Just rinsing the models won't nessesarily do the trick. Also mould can be bad for you.
Hmm I think you might be ok, I'd be a bit careful, but like Leech said, mould hates the sun so just see if that works.
[Table 1-1 Signature]
Roll a D6:
2 (Historical Quote)
3 (Hobby-Specific Quote)
4 (WLD record: Relevant Game [Ref: Table 1-2])
5 (Personal Insight Quote)
6 (Critical Sig: roll 2 more times and apply the results, rerolling any further 6's)
i think (key word there) that if it is attached to the mini, and is effecting the paint, putting it in the sun and pulling it off when it dies may rip some of the paint off as well. If its attached to the paint, its roots will be wound around in it, and even if they are dead, they're still attached to the paint.