Breaching a Poly Cement Seal - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

Breaching a Poly Cement Seal

So the new Chaos book is out and I really want to convert my Defiler into more of a scuttling daemonic "chaos crab".

Basically I want reposition the limbs - specifically the claws - and remove the large torso repositioning the cannon so it juts out between the claws (like a brass scorpian except without tail).

Problem is that my Defiler is already glued together with poly cement.

The torso was easy to remove (a simple modeling saw did the job) and I've managed to remove the legs with a little bit of filing and a bit of brute force but the claws are well and truly stuck in place.

Beyond taking a saw to the beast and then re-glueing the components that I had to chop off does anyone know of anything that will breach a poly cement seal?

Don't hate Da Playa, hate Da Game!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    :w00t: Hooray for ass monkeys!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

You may want to try getting a small flathead screwdriver or butter knife and gently prying the glued portions apart.
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    339 (x8)

Yes, being gentle is definitely a must. With the correct force and leverage you can eventually seperate the plastic, provided you didn't glop on too much Poly Cement, but you need to be really patient or you'll end up snapping the plastic.

If you can't get an implement in to a position where you can get leverage in that fashion, then I think using the CCW of your choice is the only way to go!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    542 (x8)

Re: Breaching a Poly Cement Seal

I find the screwdriver or screwdriver substitute works pretty well, but if you really put down the cement, you're in for a rough time. Just remember to go slowly and don't force it too much. Best of luck!

Tekore

+ Reply to Thread