Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightning Claws

818 views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  Dreachon 
#1 ·
I'm in the process of creating a Slannesh Chaos Space Marine army (The Kindred of Iron) and need two aspiring champions with a pair of lightning claws each to complete it. Now, these guys are in 50/50 chaos and imperial power armour (they are a imperial chapter turned to chaos), and thus cannot use terminator power claws. So how might I go about this? I was thinking of having two power fists with knife blades as claws, but I suspect they might look quite... crap. Any ideas?

#2 ·
You can use standard lightning claws from terminators. Cut off the shoulders and trim the upper arm as necessary and fit it under a power armour pad.
Of you could use the new plastic powerfists (chaos and space wolves) and glue on some kind of blades. I've seen it done pretty well, just pick the right blades, standard Imperial knives are probably not long and pointy enough.

EDIT: Actually, just cut it above/below the elbow, whatever works best, and but it on a plastic arm.

#4 ·
yeah, those pics are pretty good, you could also just add a few combat knives on from any old sprue layin around

#7 ·
What we did to convert the terminator claws onto a standard power armor marine is as follows.
Cut the terminator arm just above the elbow, also clip the extra wires that attach to the shoulder pad. Then take a plastic marine arm and cut the elbow off so you’re left with the shoulder and the upper arm. Then it’s just a simple matter of attaching the elbow to the arm and bending the wires to attach to the arm again.

P.s. I believe there might be a topic on this already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.