Purity Seals - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Purity Seals

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x6)

Purity Seals

This is just a general question about them, but what colors do you paint your purity seals? Like the little ribbons on them?

My Inquisitorial armies, seals are blood red, my SoBs will have purple ones, and my GKs have vomit brown ones.

So what colors do you all paint them.

Legion Of Everblight: Abyslonia
    Protectorate of Menoth: Grand Exemplar Kreoss

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    542 (x8)

I'm pretty boring when it comes to seals. Bright red for the actual seal, and then either Bleached Bone or Skull white for the ribbon, so that I can simulate writing on the ribbon.

I've always wondered what exactly is written on that ribbon piece. Is it the Oath of Moment like in the Horus Heresy books? Perhaps a vow to achieve a deed? A prayer or memoriam? Probably whatever you like.

Tekore

Set Sail and Conquer! Cadaver Junkie's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    301 (x7)

I'm pretty boring when it comes to seals. Bright red for the actual seal, and then either Bleached Bone or Skull white for the ribbon, so that I can simulate writing on the ribbon.

Yeah, I'm pretty much the same - I start with bleached bone, then blend (softly) up to skull white. It does make it easier to put writing on them that way.

I also like to put symbols and stuff on the seals too, like little boxes of colour outlined in black, makes it look like a battle or something might be depicted...
    "Pickles, the drummer, doodily doo. (Ding-dong, doodily, doodily, doo.)"

Also, you should google "garfield minus garfield". Awesome.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    542 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Cadaver Junkie View Post
    Yeah, I'm pretty much the same - I start with bleached bone, then blend (softly) up to skull white. It does make it easier to put writing on them that way.

I also like to put symbols and stuff on the seals too, like little boxes of colour outlined in black, makes it look like a battle or something might be depicted...
    I like the idea of symbols and such, I'll have to try that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think purity seals for some stuff have the same purpose as sevice studs and for other stuff the same purpose as a Tech-Priest working on it for an hour or two.
    http://brunsvillegame.blogspot.com/2...1_archive.html
    PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD LOOK AT MY BLOG!
    Rep people if they help you!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    255 (x6)

I go from graveyard earth to bleached bone to skull white, It ends up looking like parchment. I believe purity seals have prayers to the emperor on them for protection and whatnot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    182 (x5)

It always depends of the armor color... If you have red armor you can't have red purity seals! But for my most armies I make them red with Bleached Bone parchment so as to look a little ancient!
    Thanks to all the people showing faith in me

I sometimes feel that everyone will leave me and they will be on their own...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    979 (x8)

Well, the purity seals can really set a model off, and a good colour choice will look awesome, and a poor choice will bring the whole model down.

I paint the ones on my Black Dragons white, because I am going for a very cold, monochrome look for the entire chapter. I very rarely use any reds, greens or 'warm' colours on them, so having bright red purity seals would just look odd.

As for the parchment, I work up through:
    Scorched Brown
    Dark Flesh
    Kommand Kharki
    Bleached Bone
    Bleached Bone/White (50/50)

...and I always try to add some detail to it. What I generally do nowadays is do an illustrated capital (basically a large capital letter) as the first thing, then several broken, squiggly lines (to 'represent' text), and occasionally a little diagram or illustration. Examples include: Imperial Eages, Iron Halos, Chapter symbols, Apothecarion symbols etc etc...

Do this with a fine-ish brush with a good point, but that doesn't necessarily mean you need to use a 1000/0 brush, or anything mad like that. The smallest I ever use is a 00, and that is only for super, super fine detailing. For this sort of thing a 0 will probably do.

-t.
    minus_t's painting log! Now with: More Wolves and Blue Robots!
    Last updated 09/01/11

"Never before has another man made me want to go out and buy vasaline"~The Paint Monkey

"All I can remeber is Hazard stripes and -T's dusty brushes. ~danjones87

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

539 (x8)

i make the purity seals on my space wolves red and on the 1 bloodangel i have wpace wolves blue, i have some SOB with bone armour and purple robes, their seals are goblin green.

i always think that purity seals are a great way to add some contrasting color
    Got a "good" rumour from a GW staffer? Forget about it, LO'ers know more than any random GW shop staffer.
    Voor alle nederlanders:
    The Dutch Legion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

my deuce-centavos(or something like that)
    I've done purity seals in two different ways.
    Red seals with bleached bone/white and have script on them.
    Red(or yellow) seals with black highlighted with grey with white script on them.
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast