Verm1spfex (Haruspex) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    93 (x1)

Verm1spfex (Haruspex)

Verm1s' concept:

My Interpretation:

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

Great conversion! Especially the combination of GS and spare parts of the carapace to build the legs' points I like a lot. But I think the claws under the Fex' mouth look out of place and the part of the front legs that touch the ground seem to break easily due to their too flat angle to the ground.
    Only some questions left...
    Is the sketch also yours?
    Could we get some shots of the bug's belly?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

93 (x1)

Sketch is from Verm1s on Warpshadow. The legs are thin to copy the sketch. I'll take some belly shots tonight along with a Barry. Mandibles are on split jaws. Scorpions have a set like that for tearing food, these would be overadapted as close combat weapons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

86 (x7)

Most impressive! 8Y I assume you'd either use it as a Carnifex build with various options, or a modified CDR Haruspex as it has claws instead of Fragmentation Spines?

My only complaint is the same as Hekau's: I feel the mandibles would've matched the concept better if they'd been done similarly to the mandibles of the 3rdEd Carnifex. They just feel too awkward placed on the jaw itself, at least at that size.
    "The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all biomatter consumed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be devoured."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

93 (x1)

The Frag Spines are the claw plates in the concept. I will probably update the back carapace to a Spine Banks one to add more.

I'll put a marine in the mandibles and see how that looks later tonight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

86 (x7)

Ah, now I notice it on the model as well! The Spinebank back carapace will make it clearer, but how about adding spiky tips protruding forwards from the plates? Might be a bit too much extra work though, the SpnBnk is probably enough.
    "The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all biomatter consumed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be devoured."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

I only wondered about the size of the claws at the mouth...

And I did not mean that the legs were too thin, only the angle of the last part looks a bit odd.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

93 (x1)

Here's my Verm1spfex playing with a Space Marine, sorry for the blurred ones:

and heres the belly shot:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x1)

the bottom looks really nice. it almost looks like the scorpion from transformers. nice job and keep up the interesting work.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

795 (x8)

That thing is very cool. I really like the look of it. I have thought about doing a Haruspex a few times and the rules for the scythed Hierodule would fit in well with it. I do like the general shape of it. The Haruspex is however very big, the rules for it in the Tyranid VDR from chapter aprproved were not at all good at showing what it is like.

I would add more big spikes to it and so on to bulk it out and scare everybody. I think you could do more work on those mandibles. The orginal Haruspex had massive mandibles. The giant pincers sticking out the front of it were actually it's mandibles. The claws were secondary weapons. Basically a giant gob which charges around. Again I must say it is cool, I have always liked the Haruspex, you inspire me to do my own someday.
    Last edited by Leech; September 16th, 2007 at 16:48.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast