Paint Scheme - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Paint Scheme

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Paint Scheme

Ok I am doing a regular nurgle paint scheme and I thought what if Typhus a his own regiment with a different paint scheme in my army(Bleach bone for short). Would this be ok?

In short I want to have two different paint schemes for the same Death guard army.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

IMHO, armies look better when not all the models are painted in the same basic colors. Bone white goes is one of the traditional Nurgle colors, so it should look just fine.

One thing to bear in mind is that you'll want the basic color of your plague marines mixed in with the Typhus color scheme. This helps bring a cohesive look to your army. On the same note, you should probably add tinges of bone white to your plague marines. It doesn't take much, just a few tertiary highlights should do the trick.
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x3)

Hey Toxic!

I'll nudge this to the Painting Subforum, where many a Chaos painter can see 8Y

~ moved ~
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaffar_Hasad
    You need more Mordians?
    They still exist?
    LO RULES

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

795 (x8)

I think it would be a good idea to have a separate colour scheme for a special unit hanging about with Typhus. They would look sort of like his elite guard or something. It will also be fun as it will give you something new to do with your paints. I find it is often good to look for a reason to add a few unusual or alternative colours into an army.

It makes them more fun to paint and more intersting. It cn also be almost anything, odd colours for mutations or in my case my Tyranids biomorphs. Or you can just do n especially scenic base, corpses, pieces of mangled metal etc. All these things add character and make the process of painting an army more fun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    539 (x8)

you can give them pre-heresy colors:

these colours would look grerat with a few boils thrown in!
    Got a "good" rumour from a GW staffer? Forget about it, LO'ers know more than any random GW shop staffer.
    Voor alle nederlanders:
    The Dutch Legion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

+ Reply to Thread