WIP Eldar pics - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WIP Eldar pics

Obsessed Eldar converter chandrila's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    111 (x2)

WIP Eldar pics

So my Eldar army is getting bigger all the time (now around 2,400 points at last count). Very little is undercoated, but I'm getting there! Here are some pictures of various bits and pieces that I'm working on at present. Some of you may recognise the Avatar from earlier threads (it is based on the iconic Mark Gibbons illustration). Comments welcome

This is my Bonesinger conversion - he's standing atop a ruined Titan mask. The idea is to have a pool of water underneath it and I'm working on a second Farseer standing on top of another Titan mask (sort of a twin thing going on).

Below is my conversion of Karandras - a newer shuriken catapult and a simple re-pose, but I think it works pretty well and makes the model look a lot more 3d.

Next a simple re-base of the Harlequin Troupe Master - this thing towers over other minis and I like the way that it looks as though he's carelessly leaping off a cliff into the fray.

Next, my Avatar. This has taken months and I'm nearing completion (sort of). The base is the focus of my attention now. This was the first conversion I'd done since giving up the hobby back when I was 16. It's turned out better than I'd hoped!

Lastly, this is my first attempt (not finished yet) at painting a mini since I was 16. I'm pretty pleased with it, the sword is maybe a bit too over-done, but I'm pleased with the gems. Whites need darker shadows too.

(fixed image sizes)

Last edited by chandrila; September 19th, 2007 at 18:26. Reason: fixed image sizes

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

Damn you sir for having good conversion skills . I like the way you've captured the pose of the old Mark Gibbons Avatar sketch, really does imitate that very well.

It also seems like your painting skills are still up to scratch... :drinking:

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

Looks amazing. The fallen termi on the avatar base doesn't look quite right. You need a little blood and/or guts oozing from where the head should be.
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

111 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
    Looks amazing. The fallen termi on the avatar base doesn't look quite right. You need a little blood and/or guts oozing from where the head should be.
    Ah yeah - that's not finished yet. I have a Skeleton Warrior head just waiting to be added as a burnt-out head. I'm struggling a little with what to do about the Marine's arms and hands though, as it's so hard to find Marine hands without weapons in or that aren't pointing guns. I may have to green stuff them from scratch I guess.

Borderlands addict Phoenix Lazarus's Avatar
    There's no place I can be, since I've found Serenity.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    148 (x3)

i guess there is the space marine missile launcher hand. just needs the thumb repositioning, or the librarian in terminator armour has a spread out hand, thts if u effectively want to buy an 8 quid(i'm english) hand! but nonetheless i like them ALOT!!!!
    have you perhaps seen the forgeworld avatar and the avatar with spear?(i kid you not)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    61 (x1)

Nice work!
    You've made the Avatars hair look a lot better than the original piece...

Just one curious question: Who can afford to sacrifice two titan masks for basing? (save You then?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

111 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by The Watcher View Post
    Nice work!
    You've made the Avatars hair look a lot better than the original piece...

Just one curious question: Who can afford to sacrifice two titan masks for basing? (save You then?)
    I managed to win them both in a couple of eBay auctions, so I don't have a Forgeworld Titan sitting around with no head... Admittedly, they did cost quite a lot in the first place - my original idea was to use them as alternative cockpits for some Wave Serpent conversions, but that was proving too tricky, so instead I had the idea of hacking them up and using them on my Farseer bases

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

Absolutely lovely Eldars you've got there chandrila.
    As for the SM-arm, how about using one of the semi-rotten Zombie hands, if the armour has been destroyed anyway, I think it might look really good, they could easily be made to look burnt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow.

My favourites by far are the Avatar and the Bonesinger. The Titan mask idea is really awsome. And that avatar, he just looks dangerous.

Well done mate.
    ++Death Consumes us all, Only the Weak Fear it++

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

111 (x2)

Thanks for all your comments - I'm glad that you all like what I'm doing :-)

Here are a few more pictures of my latest efforts - I bought a Cloudstrike Squadron at Games Day along with enough Forge World kits to convert them all into Type II Falcons. I'm trying to make each Falcon as loaded with features as possible, so to that end I've:

a.) magnetised the shuriken catapult mounts (to switch between catapults and cannon)
    b.) magnetised the turret weapon mount
    c.) magnetised the access ramp (they don't stay closed too well)
    d.) added thrust vector planes to the engines (for the Vectored Engines rule)
    e.) made a fully-detailed interior (the standard interior sucks majorly and looks far too Imperial for my liking)

I've also got a Wave Serpent on the way that I'll be giving a similar treatment to - I'm using the Wave Serpent weapon guards on the Falcon weapons so that I can switch them between vehicles as necessary.

Here are some pics:

Enjoy!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast