Orks staying in their own bases - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Orks staying in their own bases

Hello all,

So, I have the pleasure of assembling some Orks. I'm terribly excited put the Slugga Boyz together and get them all ready to crash headlong squishy little Fire Warriors (not that they'll survive the Sub-Munitions barrage as they march toward their prey.

My Slugga Boyz should ideally spend a lot of time in combat which means being base-to-base with friends and foes. Problem is, the models tend to 'bleed forward' - even if I slide the feet back, the sloping posture and chunky weapons of the Ork make it jut out about an inch forward. As such, it's nearly impossible for the Ork to really get base-to-base with anything except for maybe that warlock with the spear who's got a rod up his rump and is near-perfectly vertical.

It's also creating a huge problem 'piling in' - each Ork slopes forward but still has some 'junk in the trunk' so, while I haven't played with them, just simulating a combat on my desk has them unable to really file into that 2" engaged zone.

Anyone have advise for good ways to make my Boyz 'pile in friendly?' Got any pics of Orks you have that address this problem?

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    49 (x1)

If being BtB is that important to you there are really only 2 big options.

1. when pushing Orks into combat turn them to the side or even backwards so the bases hit your opponents

2. Creative Basing. Build up your bases so the Orks are higher than their opponent and wrap their arms over them or so the Orks are positioned looking up to bring the weapons higher

thats the only advice I can think to give you, we generally just let the Orks be mean and forward
    They're ladies. We can't hit ladies.

No, no. They're Daemonettes. They'll tear you limb from limb and steal your soul

But sar, thats what ladies do.

http://tsoalr.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x2)

theres really not much you can do about that. Like you said, their leaning forward so you cant really reposition them effectively and if you move the weapons too much, it will make the model look rediculius.

The best thing you can do is tell your opponent about it before the game (most players know about orks bulkyness) so they cant complain later.

+ Reply to Thread