Mortesse Vite of the Iron Warriors - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mortesse Vite of the Iron Warriors

Hey guys, I'm looking to make a special character for my IW legion - a bike-mounted lord, to be precise. I was considering having him be one of the Fallen, although that's not set in stone. My question is, how should I model this guy? I'm still working on the fluff for him, but he has a unique bike, which is equpped with a Twin-Linked Lascannon. He himself is armed with a TL Bolter and Lightning Claws (Or a force weapon - I'm honestly not sure if I should give him one, the other, or a special weapon). He also has a servo arm, which I am considering stealing from a Warsmith model.

Suggestions on what bitz to use? I would prefer he had a helmeted head, as I suck at painting faces.

EDIT: I've got a few pieces picked out:
    Dark Angels Veteran Marines: For the heads (Damn, I wish they sold the sprues on their own ><)
    Dark Angels Bike Squadron: For a robed biker.
    Chaos Space Marine Bike: For obvious reasons... Or should I use a plundered Ravenwing one?
    Iron Warriors Warsmith Backpack and Iron Warriors Warsmith Backpack Arm: Obvious here, For the servo-arm capacity.

Last edited by Duurkonii; September 26th, 2007 at 02:50.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

Oooh Iron Warriors, that technocratic stuff is always a great basis for sweeet conversions. Do you only want to model your guy counting to be on a bike or is the bike itself important to you?
    Cause you could also let him have some kind of vehicle instead of his lower body...
    If you want to use the biike I'd say use the Ravenwing!

Maybe you should reconsider the twin linked Lascannon, that might be a bit too much for a bike and it might look ridiculous on this otherwise well planned mini.

If you only need some bits of a sprue, that is not yet on sale individually, you can always try Battlewagon bits, they sell them! Click!
    Especially if you want "new" bits like Ravenwing Click!
    Or usual Dark Angels Click!

Now to the last remaining bit, that is reeeally essential, the force weapon or power fist:
    I've collected some examples from BWBits. Some are meant to be used for Terminators, but you should be able to attach them to "usual" Marines as well. If it does not work, just cut of the hand and attach it to another arm.

Two really nice maces Click! Click again!
    Some swords of all kinds Click! Click again! Click! Clickclick! Click the Champion!
    A sword and an axe Click!
    Two more axes Click! Click for the ultimate axe of evil!
    And now last, but not least, four power fists Click! Click an old one! Click the new equivalent! Click the taloned claw!

I hope I could help you to find what you were looking for!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

THAnK YOU! THAT IS EXCELLENT!

Seriously, thanks for the links. I've heard of this place, but it never occurred to me to buy from them :'D
    I've decided to replace the TLLC with a Twin-Linked Autocannon, so if anyone has ideas for how to do that, lemme know.

Parts I have lined up so far:
    Dark Angels Robed / Hooded Heads x3 Bits
    Chaos Terminator Lord Taloned Power Fist Bit
    Dark Angels Robed / Tabard Sitting Bike Legs Bits
    Dark Angels Body Torso Biker Front Bits x2
    SM Bike on Sprue Bits
    Dark Angels Ravenwing Bike Eagle Front Cowl x3 Bits
    Dark Angels Ravenwing Bike Banner Poles x3 Bits
    Dark Angels Shoulder Pads x6 Sword Bits
    SM Devastator Cyber Skull Familiar Bit
    Iron Warriors Warsmith Backpack
    Iron Warriors Warsmith Backpack Arm

Any suggestions what else I should get/what I should replace?

+ Reply to Thread