Daemon Prince Restrictions - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Daemon Prince Restrictions

Are there restrictions for what daemon princes must look like?

For example could I just have a Chaos marine sized body with wings, big claws etc. on a bigger base than usual, or would that just count as a possessed?

Any tips on modelling Daemon Princes without buying the actual model. (Don't particularly like metal.)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Formerly BrotherAzriel Horus Lupercal's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    138 (x6)

Well in the previous dex it had to be modeled as a massive thing, to be honest fluffwise it needs to be atleast the size of a terminator, as a minimum.

if you dont want the meatal miniture then try makeing your own with plastic thingd, an Ogre may be a good starting point for a nurgle type deamon or maby even the plastic troll from skull pass.

either way, you have a LOT of work ahed.
    PROUD TO BE IN THE BRITISH ARMY.
    ~~ Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death~~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    57 (x1)

Okay, as long as you model him WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get), it should be all good. I don't know if the rules have changed for Deamon Princes in the new Codex, but as per the old rules, Deamonic Stature (Monsterous Creature ability) was somthing that you could upgrade your Prince with, but didn't have to...

If he doesn't have to be a Monsterous Creature, then you can model him in something smaller. If he has to be Monsterous Creature, you're going to have to model him with either the metal bits, or come up with something else.

Ogre Kingdom might be a good start, or alternativly a WHFB Giant model. You could possibly convert one of the new Chaos Spawn models. I can't really think of any other humanoid plastics that would give you the size that you need. If any of those don't fir your needs, the only other alternative to metals would be to sculpt your own. That might take some doing...

Metals aren't THAT bad to work with, they just take a bit more patience, a pin-vise, and a dremmel. It can be worth the time and effort to come out with something that you like in the end.

Hope that helped anwsering your questions!

This was a triumph...
    I'm making a note here:
    HUGE SUCCESS
    Its hard to overstate my satisfaction.
    Adeptus Mechanicus;
    We do what we must because we can
    for the good all of us,
    except the ones who are dead...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)