Opinion on Tank Camo - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    140 (x3)

Opinion on Tank Camo

How does this camo look for an Urban Imperial Guard army... They do most of their fighting in cities so i wanted a dark grey base colour, but it looked very bland. I added the white triangle thingos. Is it good? How can I improve on it?

Love Magila

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    339 (x8)

Hi Magila,
    the dark base and the white triangles are good, however personally I would add a second base colour. It wouldn't have to be a stark contrast, just enough to break up the dark grey background colour a bit. Maybe a mixture of your current base colour and Codex Grey. Then repaint the triangles if you cover any up.

Hope this helps!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    979 (x8)

For 'urban' tank camo, it is all about straight, harsh edges.
    There is a pretty good example of some over on the GW website (*linky*), it is definately worth checking it out.

Basically, use a lighter grey in jagged-ish camo patterns over the whole body of the tank, then add the white 'dags' over the top of that.

Finally, the paint looks very, very thick on the side of the tank, do you water your paints down? It will really enhance your painting, as properly watered paint doesn't leave brush marks!

-t.
    minus_t's painting log! Now with: More Wolves and Blue Robots!
    Last updated 09/01/11

"Never before has another man made me want to go out and buy vasaline"~The Paint Monkey

"All I can remeber is Hazard stripes and -T's dusty brushes. ~danjones87

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    539 (x8)

i'd say make it three colored, black white and also some grey or greyish green, it'll make it more like a camo-paintjob instead of a damaged paintjob
    Got a "good" rumour from a GW staffer? Forget about it, LO'ers know more than any random GW shop staffer.
    Voor alle nederlanders:
    The Dutch Legion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Definitely needs a secondary color or make the triangles bigger. They look more like scratches more then anything right now. The mud and weathering on and around the treads looks nice too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperialis_Dominatus View Post
    Clear rules, from GW? Never.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope you're not using Tamiya. When i used Tamiya, my models alway came out to thick, and the paint was very stubborn and would not thin down easily.

Also, I'm working on my forgeworld Macharius Heavy Tank with Battle Cannon and I have a grey baseboat as well. Once the basecoat was on, I just kept drybrushing it to bring out the imperfections and edges, as well as giving corners a "shinier" look. I am very pleased on how it came out, and even though it is still only one color, it LOOKS like a tank.

Also, just a thought. Since there are so many flat surfaces on your tank, you could try making a stencil from plasticar or cardboard or something so that you get nice, neat, clean triangles for your camo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    140 (x3)

Okay i shall try these.

+ Reply to Thread