Help with Reptilan themed SM conversions - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help with Reptilan themed SM conversions

Where to start, well firstly, to make sure no one mentions this as it is rather obvious, yes for the most part i will be using Lizardmen parts, well parts that i can get a hold off anyway :p
    Now i'm wanting to convert my Space Marines to have a kind of reptilian feel to them, this not only incudes converting weapons and armour, but also any fleshy areas that will be visible.
    (Army fluff here - http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...d.php?t=105394 (Shadow Dragon fluff MKII))
    Now as it stand i'm not too good at using green stuff, though i'll give things a try, basicaly what i'm looking for here are ideas as to what would make for good conversions, and what bits to use (explenation would be nice if a compicated conversion is suggested)
    So far i have only done small things such as use the lizardmen shoulder guards and stuck them to the marines shoulder pads, and used lizardmen shields for combat shields.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Mutated by the Warp, we are outcasts, yet Space Marines we remain. We shall destroy our enemies, and we shall do so from the shadows where none shall see us coming. - Drizkan Incarus of the Shadow Dragons

Shadow Dragons Fluff
    Shadow Dragons Homeworld
    Siege of Draconis Prime

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a thought, why not use some possessed chaos marine sprues if you can get a hold of them? The ones in Dawn of War look kind of reptilian, especially the heads.

Also, look up some pictures of nasty and deadly reptiles, or learn about what makes them so dangerous. Like the iguana, in general they would be harmless, but their tail is like a razor blade that can cut through a person's entire arm if it slaps you hard enough.

Also, as far as a paint scheme, you should probably paint them using very contrasting colors, such as black and red, or green and black, or pink and purple, because certain reptiles have very noticable colors on their bodies to warn off predators, and also to show they are poisonous.

Not really sure what else to do with reptilian characters, but hope this helps a little.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi

I've made this Dred a couple of days ago.
    And you might find it a good idea for your army

http://s227.photobucket.com/albums/d...t=PICT0014.jpg

Greets HH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm, thats bit about the iguana has actualy given me a bit of an idea
    well lucky for me one of my brothers collects Chaos marines, so i'll have a little look through some of his spare bits
    and as for the colour scheme, i already had an idea down, used the GW paint thingy for it, which just happened to be black armour with red and gold trimmings
    and i do believe i noticed the post with that dread before, very nice by the way, may have to copy that idea of the tail for my marines, will have to see how it looks first i think but yeah, it has given me an idea or two about what to do thanks HH
    Last edited by Drizkan Fireheart; October 7th, 2007 at 20:42. Reason: edited due to reply being posted while typing
    Mutated by the Warp, we are outcasts, yet Space Marines we remain. We shall destroy our enemies, and we shall do so from the shadows where none shall see us coming. - Drizkan Incarus of the Shadow Dragons

Shadow Dragons Fluff
    Shadow Dragons Homeworld
    Siege of Draconis Prime

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know you already have an idea for a color scheme, but check out the most recent issue of Black Gobbo. click on the chaos marine paint schemes and check out "the Purge".

Now that is just darn sexy. I might paint my guardsman like that. But I think that would make a good reptilian scheme. 8Y

+ Reply to Thread