Ore Processing Complex - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ore Processing Complex

I finally finished this set and Im glad to get it done and over with, its been sitting around for ages. I was going for a weathered and dusty look. Instead of going for a dark grimey look on everything, I thought it would be a bit of a challenge to go the opposite route on a few things.

Heres a bunch of pics of the set and a few pieces, I think I took almost 30 but wont put all of them here. Can see all at MySpace:
    http://tabletopgames.spaces.live.com/

Check out my terrain galleries
    http://tabletopgames.spaces.live.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    182 (x5)

Excellent job... the weathering is not overdone and in the places that it was applied to is done in a way to think it is real! I loved it...

They are for personal use?
    Thanks to all the people showing faith in me

I sometimes feel that everyone will leave me and they will be on their own...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    542 (x8)

Those are nice! Very much what I consider the mechanical aspect of the Imperium to look like. You'll enjoy those for a while!

Tekore

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

Awesome. They look really great and match each other perfectly. All I do is cut stuff out of foam board, and patch on the dead bodies. Your a lot better and more patient.Must have taken you a while.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats awesome, considering i know first hand how annoying and painstaking building terrain is (when Cityfight came out, our game store said we all had to make 1 cityfight terrain peice, and i hated it utterly and completely).

That complex looks stunning to say the least, keep up the good work

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the positive feedback, im pretty happy with it. Its not the building part that can be a pain for me, I think thats my favourite part. Its the painting part that I hate sometimes. Once I get to undercoat things tend to slow down. Someone asked me for my weathering recipie on another forum, might as well post it here if anyone wants to try something similar.

I dont really follow an exact formula, most are just done by eye but heres as close as I can describe

Rust Step One - large squirt medium brown + little squirt orange + little squirt red + lots of water ( a very thin wash)

go over the areas where I want rust and let completely dry

I make another batch of rust, this time with half the amount of water so its a bit thicker (but still thin enough to be a wash) and slightly different in colour ( a little more orange or red or just brown with one of the other colours) and beef up the rusted spots.

Let that dry again

Areas where I want it heavily rusted I apply the second batch of rust again (letting it pool in some areas) and apply the finest sand I have

When thats completely dry I will give it a light rub with my thumb to get the loose bits off then drybrush the sand with orange.

For the building weathering, everything started with black undercoat

Walls: Wash of dark grey followed by a wash of a medium grey

Roofs/tanks: wash of dark grey followed by a thicker wash of very light grey then another very thin wash of medium grey to tone down the brightness then rusting added with the first very thin rust wash I made.

Thats pretty much it, any areas that I feel need a bit of tweaking will just get another round of washes either lighter or darker. Im still trying to figure out an exact recipie for myself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks damn good. I wish my terrain would turn out half as well. Is it going to process any material in particular? Tiberium?
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperialis_Dominatus View Post
    Clear rules, from GW? Never.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im not sure exactly what kind of material this is supposed to process, the person that I made the set for wanted purple ore. Ive made some ore piles but those werent finished when I took the pics, I was just happy to get the set done and out of the way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    255 (x6)

Very cool, I would like to make some of those too. What did you use to make those pieces?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As my wife can tell you, I seem to have a problem with hoarding potential terrain material. Theres a bit of everything in this bunch. Plastic straws and tubes for piping is one of the more obvious things, there are parts from broken toys i stole from my kids toybins ( vehicles and tractors ), wood, cardboard, compressed carboard, gears and pulleys from broken electronics, plastic containers I fished out of the recycling bin, some broken printer parts.....and I bunch of stuff I dont even know where they origianlly came from.

Grab yourself a hammer, pliers, wire cutters and a dremel. Find a piece of junk and tear it apart. One piece of advise that will save you time tho. Dont go looking far a particular doohickus, odds are you wont ever find what your looking for. Just rip apart cool looking pieces and throw them in a box. Then use those pieces to inspire a terrain piece.

+ Reply to Thread