Marine conversion musings - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    New England, USA
    3 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

457 (x8)

Marine conversion musings

So I was looking at the Space Marine "Showcase" on the last page of the SM codex, and there were two conversions I like, which I'm trying to figure out (i.e., "How'd they do that?")

The first is in the upper righthand corner, the "Sons of Orar Company Champion." It's the guy with the white shield emblazoned with the red omega symbol. I'm most interested in his sword. I know you can do "custom" blades with plasticard, but his looks "sharpened." How do you do THAT with plasticard? If it's labor-intensive I won't bother, but if it's easy I might use it on my assault marines.

The other guy is on the same page, in the group of "Ultramarines" in the lower left corner. I'm looking at the guy second from the right of the little group, the guy with the fancy gorget and HUGE left shoulder pad. The gorget I can see being done with a small strip of plasticard, but how'd they do the shoulder pad? Was this a special-edition model or something? How could I make a shoulder pad like that? I suppose plasticard would work, but should I glue it to the "regular" shoulder pad, then glue it on to the arm? What do you guys think?

Mickey: "You're just making this up as you go along!"
    The Doctor: "Yuuuup. But I do it brilliantly!"

Check out my WIP thread here (Clicky!)

The rules (Clicky!) Read 'em, know 'em, love 'em.

Peace, through superior firepower.

2. Remove Advertisements

1 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

979 (x8)

I suspect both are a combination of plasticard, greenstuff, and raw talent.

The stuff they put in the back of the codices is the stuff the HM team do in their own time, taking their own time, and really going to town (as well as the traditional golden daemon winners etc etc).

The blade is almost certainly 'sharpened' plasticard. Just block out your basic shape, then try and smoothly cut along one edge of it at a 45 degree angle. Then, turn it over and repeat on the other side. Simple really... Well, not really, but in theory.

minus_t's painting log! Now with: More Wolves and Blue Robots!
    Last updated 09/01/11

"Never before has another man made me want to go out and buy vasaline"~The Paint Monkey

"All I can remeber is Hazard stripes and -T's dusty brushes. ~danjones87

+ Reply to Thread