Easy Vanquisher conversion? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Easy Vanquisher conversion?

First off let me say that I have 0 experience with imperial guard models, but have been kicking around the idea of starting a knew army and when I found out about the plastic bane blade the damage was done.

So I got my blade in the mail yesterday and the thought occured to me that the baneblade cannon looks virtually identical to the vanquisher cannon. I figure it wouldnt be to hard to just order the cannon/turret sprue (part 99390105009 if any ones interested)and graft the bane blade cannon in place of a lemann russ's battle cannon.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x1)

Um you could do that. The cannon may be radiculusly big for a leman russ thought.

An alternative which may prove to be easier is to cut the existing leman russ barrel just above the bulge in it and just below the muzzle flash supressor. Add a piece of pipe to lenghen the barrel and reglue the components together. If you are doing the griffon conversion mentioned in another thread as well use the barrel from the earthshaker to do it as well.

Just my thoughts.

Marc

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

Friend of mine jammed a pen into the cut-off barrel on Russ and reglued the muzzle at the end...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x2)

yeah, like Smok said, any piece of tubing that is a little smaller than the mussle of the battle cannon will work find with a little conversion work.

+ Reply to Thread