khorn titan/ defiler - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x1)

khorn titan/ defiler

hey all i have some up with some new ideas with my defiler and its base and i wanted to go with a more dramatic look. i modeled the base so that it would look like the titan is breaking free to get into battle. let me know what you think about it. i still want to add some more to the base like some khorn berzerkers running along with him or even some bezerkers un-tieing the chains to let him loose. im also thinking of adding some more chains that were broken to make it look like hes breaking away.

feedback is most welcome as i want to make this thing look as good as possible!!

here is the link for the pics,

http://s241.photobucket.com/albums/f...9/new%20titan/

thanks for looking!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

795 (x8)

That model looks interesting. I like how he seems to of broken out of his restraints. The use of parts is good too, the pose I like as he seems to look as though he is advancing. A few suggestions. Those chains at the moment appear to be loose. You will need to paint them otherwise they really won't fit in with your model when it is painted. You can stiffen the chains by dripping superglue on them, make sure you don't glue it's chains to the table. I think though that you could shorten those chains so that they aren't trailing off the base.

If you want to add more to the base I would suggest skulls, bones, corpses and wreckage. I think that having Bererkers running around on his base may make him look like he is too friendly. The scary thing about Daemon engines and so on is that they will not hesitate to attack thier friends. Having friendly models on the base may make him look friendly. I would suggest a base that gives an idea of anything that gets in his way he responds with the attitude of a chainsaw maniac.

I would also suggest that you don't take pictures of him infront of that window. The model is black and the light behind him is what appears in the picture as pictures always show the bet lighted areas well and dark things badly. Basically he looks like a giant black shape but no details can be seen. If you look at the picture from above of him, the details are visible. In the other pictures I can't see them because of the lighting. Get the light to shine on the model and not behind it. Better pictures will give myself and others a better ability to comment, praise and advise about this model. At the moment I can't really tell if there is much that needs doing.
    Last edited by Leech; October 14th, 2007 at 21:57.

Wher dat naked blue chik? Jaffar_Hasad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    260 (x6)

I think anybody dumb enough to use such small chains deserves to be stomped on (I'm talking fluffwise). Spraying it black before taking pics was a bad choice, but from what I can tell it looks well put together.
    Sleeping, not dead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Removed by the moderators.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    339 (x8)

Model looks really good, should be awesome once it gets a nice coat of brass and blood!

I would argue if you tried to use it as a Titan equivalent though because I'd say it was too small really, Titans have to be larger!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x1)

i decided to make it a undivided model and changed it a little. here are some new pics of it with some better light.

http://s241.photobucket.com/albums/f...nger989/titan/

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    339 (x8)

Looking nice! The pose is very dynamic, especially when you consider it's on a model that big!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very impressive conversion!

I think this is a very nice alternative to the defiler. As far as a titan goes, didn't the later version of epic 40K have smaller titans? Knight class, I believe. It could be a chaos version of that.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

339 (x8)

Yeah, the Knights Baron etc. from the Titan Legions box. I actually mentioned them yesterday in another thread, I should have thought about it then!

You would obviously have to make an agreeable Datafax up for it of course.

+ Reply to Thread