Land Raider - Witch Hunter style - WIP - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

Land Raider - Witch Hunter style - WIP

Hello all!

Besides deciding where to put the side sponsons, I am trying to decide on how to finish off the top of my tank. Bellow are some pictures of a "simulation" of what I want to do:

I am going to build a walking platform on top of the Raider. it will extend the whole width, start right after the HBolter assembly, and go as far back as the engine (aproximate placemtn as in teh pictures). Sides and back will be finished off with the CoD building parts (again - as pictured bellow). I am not sure if the forward ends should stay open, or should the "balcony" wrap to the inside (where the heavy black markings are on the paper)?

There will be three figures standing on top - two Henchman and a "witch" burning at the stake. I will get new models, and "base" them on the same material that the platform will be made of to make them blend better with the tank. The model of the Daemon Host will have flames made of GS that will be consuming it from the bottom half... The whole stake will probably be raised a bit from teh rest of teh platform (most likely on the Termie base wrapped in teh saem material as the rest of teh platform)...

I am not sure of exact placing of those three figures yet, but I would like to make them as exposed as possible. In addition, there might be soem more extra features, based on how much space I will have to work with, but at teh saem time I would like to not "overdo" the Raider, as it is a fine model in itself...

Anyhow - your opinions, tips, warnings, $0.02?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    255 (x6)

Seems like a pretty cool idea, but are you sure you have enough space on the top to fit all that?

By the Silver Sword! Stormchaser's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x3)

If I were you, I'd file down the top of the HB's and slice off the rivets etc. from the top of the LR and use a sheet of plasticard to make the actual platform. Then it might be a good idea to pin the models to the top, but don't glue them down, so they can be removed when they disembark. If you still want to use the cuppolla thing, then just take a pair of clippers to the underside so it's flat and glue it into place.

Hope that helps
    Codex: Legion Astartes - I am in need of Beta/proof readers and play testers
    The Primarch Project
    A Hero is no braver than the ordinary man. He is just brave five minutes longer.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    542 (x8)

I'm of the opinion that all those figures up there are going to look crowded and overdone, as per your fear. One or maybe two of them would look good I think, but if you like three, go with it, it's your ride!

Tekore

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

Yes - it seems that there is not a lot of space to work with, and with three models plus some chains and stuff I might not be able to pull it off the way I would like. But take alook at this one - now, this is what I would call BUSY Land Raider (Don't know who's is it):

It is lovely though!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

280 (x6)

Update 1

OK You guys, there is not enough space for all that stuff on the Land Raider, if you do not want to overdo things.

Henceforth, pictures below represent the updated design for my tank. There will be only one Henchman up on the top + the burning Deamonhost... The side panels will be shorter and the whole platform will be narrower by about a 5th of an inch. I am going to probably “angle” the eagles finishing the railings, based on the outline of the floor (or maybe not?). Also, the two small gargoyles will go on top of the lights:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

idea?

i have an idea that i think will fill the negative space up there, take the exorsist cannon/ organ bits, and build the organ up there, itll cost 30 bucks more, but will look awesome, also you can use it as vehicle design rules with the exorcist cannon

Monkey of Mystery The Paint Monkey's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    743 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by SmokWawelski View Post
    A lot of that busy-ness comes from the colours- there is a definate top and bottom to the model. If all the LR components were painted in the same colours and the 'crew' were different then they would be emphasised without being lost in the flood of colours.

The idea of a church organ style battery of pipes is nice, and would provide a characterful but uncluttered back-drop for any chracter figures on the roof.

Have a peek at Yarrick's baneblade (no link on me, sorry) to see how they've managed to make a command platform look like part of the vehicle.
    No more NG spearmen, thanks! Now I need some pump-wagons!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

280 (x6)

Yes Paint Monkey - you are right about the color playing a big role here too. And please do not take me wrong - I like the model above very much, but I hope to take mine in a different direction - All black with gold trim only. Very much like The Fortress of Arrogance actually... The one above is just full of small details that you can take time discovering slowly and every time you see it on the battlefield…

Anyhow, below are more pictures of what I was doing yesterday. I think that I am going to drop the ”flaming witch” idea in favor of those three figures sharing the platform. With the witch, I would have problems positioning the passengers in a logical and esthetical way, whereas with the two Henchman and Priest I can just arrange them in a small triangle like so…

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

Here's something for a some inspiration. Credit goes to the bluetablepainting on youtube. It uses the same platform idea as your, but its for a space marine army, the questing knights.

http://www.bluetablepainting.com/vie...galleryID=1429

I hope this isn't breaking any rules or something of that nature. If so please tell me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast