That Color You Just Can't Say No To - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    542 (x8)

That Color You Just Can't Say No To

So as I was up last night, lovingly caressed by the Patron Angel of Waking Up at 2 A.M. and Not Being Able to Go Back To Sleep, I worked a bit on one of my SM Commanders. One thing I realized was that, if given the opportunity, I will always slap a little bit of Tin Bitz on my models. Give me a bit of exposed wiring, a metal part that needs a bit of rust or lowlighting, and I'll slap that bad boy on and love the way it looks. This got me to thinking: I love that color, it's not my main color or something I'd consider ever painting an entire unit in, but it does make its way onto every single one of my models.

So yeah, do you folks have a color(s) like this, and if so, which one is it?

Tekore

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    339 (x8)

It would probably be boltgun metal for me, I still remember being elated about discovering how nicely it drybrushes onto black!

Ultramarine Blue is definitely the colour I love to hate... I love my Ultramarines but I am so sick of painting that colour! I need to start painting my Guard so I can use some lovely greys. Though both the Infantry and Armoured Company are Ultramar regiments so there will still be some Ultramarines Blue in there...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    182 (x5)

Black and Boltgun Metal... and a Little of Tin Bitz...
    Thanks to all the people showing faith in me

I sometimes feel that everyone will leave me and they will be on their own...

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

I love tin bitz hilighted with brazen brass.

I also just cant say no to hawk tirquoise over scaly green.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    258 (x5)

Scab red. I just love it. My Marines, Chaos fleet, Eldar fleet (soulgems), Escher Necromunda gang, Eldar AI squadron... pets, relatives, reality.....

All must be painted scab red

Rich

"Praise" for rp252:
    Da Mighty Camel:
    No, for your information, rp252 is lonely because he is hideous
    Jaffar_Hasad:
    Behind his ugly bloodthirster face, there's some wisdom stored away for moments like this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any kind of a red colour (be it scab red, terracotta, red gore or mechrite red) tends to find itself as a trim or primary colour on almost all the minis I paint nowadays. But like chipcarter and his Ultramarine Blue, I love to hate it because it takes so many coats to get perfect, even when layered over scorched or bestial brown. It has taken me a great deal of effort NOT to include it in the Eldar army I'm painting up right now.

Shining gold tends to find itself on a lot of little bitz as well.
    Only in Death does Duty end.

TAU EMPIRE: 2000pts
    WOOD ELVES: 1000pts (and growing)
    ELDAR: 400pts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    122 (x2)

For me it has to be Bleached Bone. Every mini i paint has at least a little bit of it, and that's mostly because of how nicely it lends itself to inking, dipping and glazing. I also like that it's a nice not-quite-white white, and tends to go with most colours.

That being said, brazen brass seems to be catching up lately

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    425 (x8)

For me I tend to stick to colors I paint better than others... Right now that seems to be greens and reds.

Funny I have tin bitz as the secondary color on my space marines... that and the primary... bone white... LOL

Cheers,

-Mike

Now offering an affordable Tournament Legal Quality Commission pricing. Find out more here!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    525 (x8)

Red is also a colour that seems to slip on to most of my models. Red works with just about everything!

Quote Originally Posted by rp252 View Post
    Scab red. I just love it. My Marines, Chaos fleet, Eldar fleet (soulgems), Escher Necromunda gang, Eldar AI squadron... pets, relatives, reality.....

All must be painted scab red

Rich
    And by relatives and "painted", you actually mean "hitten" or "maimed" so the red flows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    82 (x3)

To me, I always have to fit a bit of red into my schemes... whether it's Blood Red, Scab Red, or Red Gore, there is always a little bit on my models.

However, I'm moving away from my reds for a bit (I have been painting my Word Bearers, which has exercised my need for painting red for the moment). Currnetly I am painting my Guard, and have come out with 8 models with absolutely no red on them!
    Quote Originally Posted by MiketehFox View Post
    Ze KHADORANS vill Krush other puny factions into ze Dust! Then vill spread on Sandvich and eat! MMMMMmmmm...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast