Cos-Play Purity Seal - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    By the Silver Sword! Stormchaser's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x3)

Cos-Play Purity Seal

Inspired by the costumes we saw at this year's UK Games Day, me and my friends decided that we would do the same for next year's Games Day.

Having little to no experience with this sort of thing before, I decied to start early. I built myself a bolt pistol out of foam core, plasti-card and some various Cities of Death bits. While I was waiting for the glue on that to dry, I made myself a purity seal out of Green stuff and some strips of cotton dipped in diluted coffie. The Latin is lyrics from a song called "The Chosen Ones" by Dream Evil, even though they are altered a bit and a bit mixed up.

Let me know what you think

Codex: Legion Astartes - I am in need of Beta/proof readers and play testers
    The Primarch Project
    A Hero is no braver than the ordinary man. He is just brave five minutes longer.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    182 (x5)

It looks very nice... although not an Inquisitor fan myself... It is a little big for the real thing or it is just my imagination and the pics?

I like the proposal of coffee stained paper... I will surely try that... Very nice purity seal! :happy:
    Thanks to all the people showing faith in me

I sometimes feel that everyone will leave me and they will be on their own...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    542 (x8)

That is pretty cool man, how's that look on a person? Is it SM size or people size?

Tekore

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

One of the things that nearly always breaks the illusion when it comes to cosplay is the lack of care for the details. I know I might sound picky and harsh, but please bare with me

I like the seal you've made, though I think it would benefit from some shading, a darker red or even brown to make it look as old and worn as the stripes.
    They look good, but the letters are a bit to obviously contemporary for my liking.
    Open up Word and chose one of them Gothic Fonts, then get another pen and rewrite the words using it. There are also many books on the topic, calligraphy (is that the word?).

Another word of warning, make sure your clothes do not look as if they come straight from the washing machine. There's nothing like abit of dust and dirt to make costumes look realistic. If you have the opportunity, once they are finished, go out and do some gardening or whatever wearing them. It'll add a ton of realism.

Good luck and please come back with more pics as your costumework progresses.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

105 (x3)

The seal itself is slighlty larger than a 40mm base, as that's what I used for the stamp.

Andusciassus, thanks for the tips. I might add a slight wash of Flesh Wash to give it that aged look. The lettering I'm not entirelye happy with either, but it was done with a biro onto cotton, so it was a bit hard to do. Hopefully I'll be getting my coat at the end of the month. I'll be using it as LRP kit, for a while to give it that worn look.

Cheers for the input
    The Primarch Project
    A Hero is no braver than the ordinary man. He is just brave five minutes longer.

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

What will you dress up to look like?
    Will it be an Inquisitor, a Commissar or something else?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

105 (x3)

It's gonna be an Inquisitor, so I'm gonna make/get hold of an Inquisition pendant.

I haven't decied weather I should use a sword or a hammer though.
    The Primarch Project

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    182 (x5)

If you go for a mean-looking Inquisitor I would suggest the hammer definitely! 8Y
    Thanks to all the people showing faith in me

I sometimes feel that everyone will leave me and they will be on their own...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

105 (x3)

When I get the chance I'll take some pics of my costume as it stands so far with both the sword and the hammer

Both are awesome and rather mean looking
    The Primarch Project

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

post some pics of the pistol

DOWN WITH THE FALSE EMPEROR!!!MAY HIS GALAXY BURN!!!

+ Reply to Thread