Librarium Online Forums banner

Word Bearers Terminator Lord

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  10th Lyran 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

I want to make a terminator lord with lightning claws for my Word Bearers army, and I want him to be much cooler than the substandard model that GW has provided us with. One of the models from Golden Daemon I find really inspiring, and would like to adapt some of the things it has to my WB Lord.

http://gamesday.us.games-workshop.com/GamesDay2007/chicago_cov/goldendemon/honmen/honmen.htm

One thing I love is that Medusa head on Ferrus Manus' right leg. What could I do that would be Word Bearerish and achieve the same effect? Obviously I could do the legion's symbol, but I was planning on putting that on the left leg and maybe the shoulders.

Another thing, this guy is supposed to be from the Horus Heresy, so if you can think of any other ideas for my termie lord that may apply, let me know.

#2 ·
I like your idea but if you want some advice I think you need to be a bot more specific. When you say from the Heresy, do you mean pre, post, or during the Heresy? All 3 would have implications as to his appearence.

If you want something to add as a leg detail for Word Bearers then a scroll, book or flame would be the obvious choices, or any combination thereof. If he is during or post-heresy a big Chaos star obviously works as well! Another option would be to add a thin GS layer to the whole front of the leg(s) then inscribe lettering into it.

If he is pre-or during (early) the Legion Number (XVII) would probably feature somewhere, as their numbers were still a big part of the identity of the Legions at the time of the Heresy.

#3 ·
Ah, good point. By him being from the Horus Heresy, I meant that he participated in it and will be modeled as post-heresy. I thought about putting a book or something along those lines, but that just doesn't jump out at me. I want something that people will look at and think, "Wow, that's awesome, I wish my leg looked like that!"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.