Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Never quite sure where WIP threads should go... here or projects... so hope the mods don't mind
I started this Penitent Engine late September, and have being working on it as time allows.
Assembled into 3 sub-assemblies for painting:
Taking these (the above) pics highlighted seams I'd missed. Those were cleaned up prior to priming.
The subassemblies were primed with Tamiya light grey primer. The base coats were then blocked in using a combination of Vallejo Model Colour and Citadel paints.
The driver's flesh then applied, it's come out a bit dark so it'll get a thin wash of the original BC.
The legs have been fixed to the base and the groundwork laid. The groundwork is made up of various items of workbench debris like the casting blocks and sprues from Alpine Miniatures (1/35th military figures) and GW figures and wire. The sand and stones are from GW as well as the odd plaster bit.
The base was then sealed with Woodlands Scenics Groundwork sealant (essentially a PVA glue & water mix) and undercoated black.
The main metal parts were given 2 fairly heavy black ink washes...
I can never get the legs to stay up when I put the torso on. Did you pin that? And if so where?
But nice work. Looking forward to seeing it completed.
Thanks for commenting.
I started by using poster tack to put eveything together. This allowed to position the parts properly, like getting the stride correct, the angle of the "waist", hips, arms, etc.
Once I had this as I wanted I tacked the feet to the base with cyno (CA glue). Once that was dried, I removed the poster tack from one hip joint and foot socket and used a 5-minute epoxy glue to fix them into place. Once that dried I did the same for the other leg.
I actually found the torso more difficult to put together than the legs, as nothing seems to want to fit flushly, and there doesn't appear to be a defined assembly order. (I'm used to military models like AFV's or aircraft that a defined assembly order or process)
Thanks again for commenting.
I've done a 3rd wash of a brown and black ink mix. This has given the metal a grimier sort of look, but it's also toned down the black. Next up should be a light drybrushing with the metallic BC just to pick out all those hard edges. I'm toying with the idea of giving it a very light glaze with black ink after the final highlights.