Ideas for Baneblade conversion - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    75 (x1)

Ideas for Baneblade conversion

I am still a few months away from actually getting my hands on a Baneblade, but I am thinking up ideas for converting it when I get back home.
    - Looted Ork Baneblade (much bigger gun, an anti aircraft gun platform)
    - The Organ - an MLRS or Katyusha arrangement of rockets in pipes.
    - The Haunted Baneblade - dusty, ancient, eery glow (lit up with LEDs?) and crewed by skeletons. Woooooh!

But this is my favourite so far - a recovery or wrecker BB. Surely, when BBs get banged up, people will want to retrieve them and start again. I was inspired by a real life wrecker, based on the little old M113/M548. There are other recovery vehicles out there, like the M88, but I like the turret and crane arrangement.

I happen to have a Defiler that got junked for parts, and I could use the turret for the crane and some of the leg parts for small cranes based on the lascannon turrets. It would still have the hull mounted demolition gun, and some of the other armament. It would also need a crane and a dozer blade at the front; possibly some smaller blades at the back. Easiest way to make those would be to use parts from toys, I think.

Best of all, if I can save an entire turret, cannon and sponsons from this BB - that allows me to go mad and build a looted Stormhammer! Bwah hah hah hah!!

Erhem. Cheers,
    TOMB
    (My Blog)

Edit: It is going to be months before I can finally do this, so no worries if you want to build something similar. Let everyone know how it comes out. Also, I want to hear what other whacky conversion ideas people have for the 'Blade.

Attached Images
    Zapp: You see the killbots have a preset kill limit. Knowing their weakness, I sent wave after wave of my own men at them until they reached their limit and shut down.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    339 (x8)

Madness I say!

Still, looks cool and I can see your justification, I can't exactly see a Trojan hauling a BB on its own!

Are you going to give it DCCWs for the crane arms? CCBB for the win!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

75 (x1)

The main crane and the front blade will probably be from toys. The crane turret, the small crane arms and the mounts for rear dozer blades will be from defiler parts (without the spiky bits.) I don't know what will be on the ends of the small arms, but I imagine some sort of grab arm on one side and a drill or similar on the other. Like on the modern day Buffalo engineer vehicle.
    The more I think about this, the more certain I am that I can pull it off. It will be an engineer/recover type BB. Now it needs a name. Some mythical beasty. Any suggestions?
    Zapp: You see the killbots have a preset kill limit. Knowing their weakness, I sent wave after wave of my own men at them until they reached their limit and shut down.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    339 (x8)

How about the 'Pegasus'? after all it helps to carry the damaged tank away from danger, even though it doesn't have wings.

Either that or something rougher sounding like the 'Grox'?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

795 (x8)

I have thought about having one that has been taken over by my Tyranids. There could be some huge alien-plant-brain which is controling the thing. It could have tentacles doing the work. Basically the tentacles could work away in a fashion similar to Dr Octopus, controling the tank. It could also have tentacles hooked into the original crewmen's heads, like this guy.

http://images.google.co.uk/images?hl...h+Images&gbv=2

The crewmen would now have had thier brains sucked up and would be Zombie-like things under the Hive mind's control (except for a tiny part of thier minds which would be aware but helpless, people who have been got by mind controling alien types always have to be aware on some level and go slowly mad, it wouldn't be proper nasty mind-controling alien stuff if they didn't know what was going on). The helpless crewmen could even be heard begging those the Tyranids make them fight to kill them and put them out of thier mysery. " Kill me, kill me ".

The plant/brain/tank commander symbiote could even have it's tendrils going through thier bodies like Dr Channard has. Basically the Baneblade was taken alive along with it's crew (Bane-jacked) and instead of melting the whole lot down tank/crewmen for thier raw materials the swarm has rigged up a control system.
    Last edited by Leech; October 23rd, 2007 at 22:01.

qsd
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

69 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Leech View Post
    I have thought about having one that has been taken over by my Tyranids. There could be some huge alien-plant-brain which is controling the thing. It could have tentacles doing the work. Basically the tentacles could work away in a fashion similar to Dr Octopus, controling the tank. It could also have tentacles hooked into the original crewmen's heads, like this guy.

http://images.google.co.uk/images?hl...h+Images&gbv=2

The crewmen would now have had thier brains sucked up and would be Zombie-like things under the Hive mind's control (except for a tiny part of thier minds which would be aware but helpless, people who have been got by mind controling alien types always have to be aware on some level and go slowly mad, it wouldn't be proper nasty mind-controling alien stuff if they didn't know what was going on). The helpless crewmen could even be heard begging those the Tyranids make them fight to kill them and put them out of thier mysery. " Kill me, kill me ".

The plant/brain/tank commander symbiote could even have it's tendrils going through thier bodies like Dr Channard has. Basically the Baneblade was taken alive along with it's crew (Bane-jacked) and instead of melting the whole lot down tank/crewmen for thier raw materials the swarm has rigged up a control system.
    Hmm the idea sounds good but tyranids wouldn't try capturing the tank. They would just eat the crew and move on. You could possibly make the crew hybrids? they still use imperial tech but have tyranid mutations and stuff.

I see where you're going with pegasus, but when I try calling a baneblade that, I just can't help thinking about fairies and unicorns instead

How about Minotaur or Cerberus? They're both myth creatures that haven't been used yet, and both are more commonly known. Also though they're not beasts, maybe Spartan?
    Last edited by qsd; October 24th, 2007 at 07:12.
    There is no such thing as a plea for innocence in my court. A plea for innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty.
    - Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

75 (x1)

I don't think the Tyranids would take over a Baneblade - but perhaps a Genestealer cult would? So, exactly the conversion that you want, but more purple. (Or whatever colour you want!)
    You could weld on an old Cult symbol, and have a genestealer Magos commanding the vehicle. You could then write some fluff saying that the cult didn't have willing humans that could operate the BB, but was forced (or just preferred) to make a big Greebly Thing to control it. (Because it looks cooler, that's why!)

As for 'Pegasus' - yes, too noble and dainty. Wasn't a Grox a herd animal in 40K. Like a buffalo/rhinoceros thing?

Cheers,
    TOMB
    (My Blog)

Edit: Now that I think about it, you can still have a big Greebly Thing controlling your BB; it doesn't have to be Tyranid. It could have been a long lost BB that was on a jungle world (or wherever) that was controlled by a new species - that way you can make it any colour or style you want. If you play it in a game, the rest of your army can be zombies, cultists or just controlled by brainslugs and the HYPNOTOAD. ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD.
    Man, now I want to make a WH40K hypnotoad.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

339 (x8)

Yes, grox are large herd animals, used for food (mmm, grox steak). I like Cerberus though I think that would suit some sort of a 3 turreted banebalde better :-P Minotaur is quite good as well min... ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

795 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by qsd View Post
    Hmm the idea sounds good but tyranids wouldn't try capturing the tank. They would just eat the crew and move on. You could possibly make the crew hybrids? they still use imperial tech but have tyranid mutations and stuff.
    Tyranids do capture people, apparently those taken alive envy the dead. I imagine they would of simply been lucky and caugh the tank a crew off-guard. Hooking it up could be a fun idea. Tyranids would, if motivated by a Hive tyrant having an idea, decide to maybe use a Baneblade in such as way. Though it would probably happen almost by chance.

I don't like the idea of Hybrids. Tyranids always kill all Genestealer hybrids they find. They never work with them as once found the purpose of the Hybrids has ended and it is time for them and the Genestealers that created them to be absorbed into the hive. Hybrids are just to friendly to work with Tyranids, controlled by the Hive mind or not. My swarms exterminate all Hybrids they find just like all other Tyranids, not the Hybrids mind, they think tyranids are divine. Basically fluff-wise it doesn't work.

There is also the option of trying to scratch-build a giant Tyanid baneblade. Basically a huge Tyranid with weapons which represent what the Baneblade has.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

75 (x1)

There is also the option of trying to scratch-build a giant Tyanid baneblade. Basically a huge Tyranid with weapons which represent what the Baneblade has.
    "Hello, is that Games Workshop mail order? Yes, I would like all the weapons sprues of the Baneblade, about six kilograms of green stuff, and twenty bottles of Tentacle Pink paint, please."

Well, maybe I won't make that call. But I still like the idea of a BB controlled by an icky brain monster (not necessarily a Tyranid - it's a big galaxy after all), complete with brainslugged crew. And questing tentacles. Sloooorp!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. October 17th, 2008, 19:53