Librarium Online Forums banner

armourfex

652 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  SGluciousa 
#1 ·
i have a cool idea of giving a fex huge chitinous plates down its tail, over its arms, and down the legs. I was wondering if you guys could help me out with this. i picture it almost looking like a armadillo. thanks
-sg

#2 ·
GSing the plates on is a good bet. Just throw on a blob, flatten out, then press into it with a sculpting tool at an angle, starting from top to bottom. If you know what I'm getting at good for you, but if you don't sorry because I don't know how to better reference this.

#5 ·
If you want some extra carapace for your Carnifex look no further than all those spare Carnifex heads you get in the boxed set. What you can do with them is carefully remove the carapace from them. In order to do this you need to remove the head from the carapace, basically sacrifice the head part to get the carapace pieces on the top of it's head intact. Basically you should be left with two pieces of carapace from the Carnifex's head.

You can then glue the two halves of carapace together and you get big Tyranid elbow, kneepad things. I found that these can be placed all ove a Carnifex with minimal work. They work well on the knee areas though you will have to remove the spikes on the critter's legs. I have only just started with this so there are probably loads of areas to stick these bits. They also fit nicely on the Carnifex's underside, right over the spikes on it's ribcage.

#6 ·
that sounds like a great idea since i am not that great with green stuff. thanks leech. I probably wont be able to get that up soon but when i start i will be sure to post pictures.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.