Welcome to Librarium Online!
I have been struggling to find a cool armor scheme for my HoC army. I finally got a scheme down, but I am not pleased with it. Then the idea hit me. I would try to make the Chaos armor look like bones. One problem though, I have no clue where to begin on this. To me, the armor is too flat to get the real "bone" look.
I was thinking mabye small brush streaking, which might actually be a possibility, but im not sure.
What do you guys think??
'Bone' Streaks 101:
- Paint area black
- Paint most of area Scorched Brown (in stripes, leaving black showing at the 'deepest' part of the armour)
- Paint most of the brown Elf Flesh (again, in stripes, leaving some of both above layers showing around the Elf Flesh)
- Paint most of the flesh Bleached Bone (as above)
- Paint most if the bone a mix of 50/50 Bleached Bone/White (as above)
That should do ya.
Take your time, don't worry too much about mistakes (especially in the first few layers), and batch-paint about 5 models at a time (this keeps you significantly more sane that doing 20+ at a go)...
- Paint armour Dheneb Stone
- Wash with Flesh Wash (watered down)
- Lightly drybrush the edges (working from the edge of the plate inward) with Bleached Bone
- As above, but with Bleached Bone/White
minus_t's painting log! Now with: More Wolves and Blue Robots!
Last updated 09/01/11
"Never before has another man made me want to go out and buy vasaline"~The Paint Monkey
"All I can remeber is Hazard stripes and -T's dusty brushes. ~danjones87
That streaking idea sound awsome, but is that practical to paint a whole army with?? I am not sure, I will test it out on a couple of models, to see the results. Can you give me an average time for each model?? Also, I have heard about streaking but havnt actually done it, is it something that requires experience to do well??
Anybody have any other techniques that look bone-like that would make painting a whole army in that scheme plausible??
If you're after a real quick and easy job, you could paint them the way I used to paint skeletons...
- Prime Black
- Drybrush Bleach Bone
- Wash with 1/2 watered down Brown Ink
You could accentuate the bone look by painting brown tapered lines from the recesses of the armor. If you want to highlight, use a watered down white or Bleach Bone/White mix (still slight watered down of course).
I would definitely test different methods on a test Marine though, or some other mini you don't care about.
That just might work!!! I am gonna try them all out and let you guys know. FYI for other people, in the HoC book there is a red and blue bloodthirster with a bone axe, I am looking for something along that effect(not THAT detailed though, that was a slayer sword winner I think).