anti-daemonic Runes/Wards? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Insert Witty Comment Here Goblin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    67 (x2)

anti-daemonic Runes/Wards?

Ok, so i have tried searching google and the like for pictures, or graphics of runes or wards that prevent daemons from entering and the like. Mostly to use on my grey knight conversion i will be working on in the following coming months.

I am using GS and modelling them using it, and glueing it on my models. So, does anyone have any good sources for anti-daemonic runes? so to speak?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Purity Seals comes to mind, but that's probably too common. Maybe a large book, candles, and the such? Maybe religous text carved into a plaque?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    542 (x8)

What the above poster said, and if you can check out any actual GK models in Terminator Armor, you can see how they have some runes on the legs and such, I believe (pictures are a bit fuzzy). These might be slogans or prayers, but it could accomplish the same. Best of luck!

Tekore

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

67 (x2)

What i had in mind was old real world designs that i could put on their armour.

Like some Ancient Judeo-Christian insignia or graphics.... I thought it would be cool!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    542 (x8)

Well, let me point you here, I used this site to get one of my librarian's artificer armor covered in druidic symbols....Christian symbolism is just a bit down on the page. Hope this helps!

http://altreligion.about.com/library.../blsymbols.htm

Tekore

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

67 (x2)

I cannot begin to explain how much that helps! been looking for a site like that for ages now, can never seem to find it using my general search methods...

Rep for anyone else who has similar sites and posts them here! The fact that it tells you what the symbols mean on that sight tekore is even bonus!

This was totally inspirering (spelling?!) and i can't wait till January now!

Im researching for my First BIG project. I have done numerous small projects, and then sold them on ebay. But i want an amazing army for myself, and thus, am making a 1700 point army. In january, some money that is due to me comes in, and after getting way ahead on bills (yay) and paying for school, Im going to buy my models. Until then, im doing research, preliminary drawings, and whatnot.

I plan on getting a digi-camera on boxing day this year from Future Shop. At that point, i will start posting some of the drawings i have made up (My drawings are comparable to a monkey with a lazorgun shooting at a wall sporatically), but they show the idea im going for. and i will show all my ideas, or at least a few of them... i hope to have this post started mid january, so stay tuned!

and keep the symbol sites coming! thanks again!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

542 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Goblin View Post
    I cannot begin to explain how much that helps! been looking for a site like that for ages now, can never seem to find it using my general search methods...

Rep for anyone else who has similar sites and posts them here! The fact that it tells you what the symbols mean on that sight tekore is even bonus!

This was totally inspirering (spelling?!) and i can't wait till January now!

Im researching for my First BIG project. I have done numerous small projects, and then sold them on ebay. But i want an amazing army for myself, and thus, am making a 1700 point army. In january, some money that is due to me comes in, and after getting way ahead on bills (yay) and paying for school, Im going to buy my models. Until then, im doing research, preliminary drawings, and whatnot.

I plan on getting a digi-camera on boxing day this year from Future Shop. At that point, i will start posting some of the drawings i have made up (My drawings are comparable to a monkey with a lazorgun shooting at a wall sporatically), but they show the idea im going for. and i will show all my ideas, or at least a few of them... i hope to have this post started mid january, so stay tuned!

and keep the symbol sites coming! thanks again!
    Glad to have helped! Best of luck and keep us updated.

Tekore

Set Sail and Conquer! Cadaver Junkie's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    301 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by Tekore View Post
    Well, let me point you here, I used this site to get one of my librarian's artificer armor covered in druidic symbols....Christian symbolism is just a bit down on the page. Hope this helps!

http://altreligion.about.com/library.../blsymbols.htm

Tekore
    Good little site!

It should be noted that the pentagram has been specifcally used to keep demons out/hold them at bay for many centuries - as given on the site you found.

Its only been recently that people have thought the thing was evil - I always find it amusing when you see someone walk past acting all anti-jesus/christianity and all and with a pentagram tatooed on them somewhere, not knowing that it is a GOOD christian symbol of protection! Heh, morons.
    "Pickles, the drummer, doodily doo. (Ding-dong, doodily, doodily, doo.)"

Also, you should google "garfield minus garfield". Awesome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

67 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Cadaver Junkie View Post
    Its only been recently that people have thought the thing was evil - I always find it amusing when you see someone walk past acting all anti-jesus/christianity and all and with a pentagram tatooed on them somewhere, not knowing that it is a GOOD christian symbol of protection! Heh, morons.
    Yah, me too, more and more people are finding out about it actually because of the serious of 'supernatural'... but i found out about it way back in the day from a friend, and then a little while saw it on an x-files episode hehe.... is it sad that tv tells me about the occult more than books? Maybe im reading the wrong books!

Im actually at work right now, but seeing that site, has definatly made me want to go home and draw some drawings... Even if they look like they were made by a 2 year old cat hitting around a pot of paint... *sigh* Hehe

Thanks again! and remember guys! The more sites, the marrier!

Set Sail and Conquer! Cadaver Junkie's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    301 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by Goblin View Post
    Even if they look like they were made by a 2 year old cat hitting around a pot of paint... *sigh* Hehe
    Dude - Abstract! You could make a killing!
    "Pickles, the drummer, doodily doo. (Ding-dong, doodily, doodily, doo.)"

Also, you should google "garfield minus garfield". Awesome.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast