Matlilda W.I.P. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Matlilda W.I.P.

By the Silver Sword! Stormchaser's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x3)

Matilda W.I.P.

When I first saw the Malcador Heavy Tank, I knew I had to have one. However, £65 is a bit steep for me. So when I saw a WWI Mk. IV "Female" in my local model shop, inspiration struck me harder and faster than ever before! ;?

Over the weekend I built the Mk. IV, swapping the machine guns for Lascannons and heavy bolters. Now I'm working on the demolisher cannon, using the CoD manufactorium pipes.

Before anyone complains, I shall have pics up by about 4:30 GMT :rofl

Last edited by Stormchaser; October 29th, 2007 at 19:19.
    Codex: Legion Astartes - I am in need of Beta/proof readers and play testers
    The Primarch Project
    A Hero is no braver than the ordinary man. He is just brave five minutes longer.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    542 (x8)

Look forward to seeing it. Nice dodge of crazy prices, and it should look great!

Tekore

By the Silver Sword! Stormchaser's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x3)

Ok, here she is so far

I haven't glued on the demolisher cannon yet as I have 2 variations and I haven't decided which I prefer. The turret bit need to be built and the hole on the right hand side needs to be filled with plasticard

Please let me know which cannon you guys prefer

Side veiw

Rear Veiw

Demolisher Cannon 1

Demolisher Cannon 2

The Cannons

The tank kit was quite a nice kit, if a bit challenging. where with GW IG tanks, you can build the hull and treads seperatley, with this, you had to built it from the inside out. The treads offered quite a challenge as rather than coming in serperate sections, like GW tank treads, they were made of a flexible plastic, which had to be bent into position and held there while the glue dried fully. It was a deffinatley a challenge but an enjoyable one.
    Last edited by Stormchaser; October 29th, 2007 at 19:20.
    Codex: Legion Astartes - I am in need of Beta/proof readers and play testers
    The Primarch Project
    A Hero is no braver than the ordinary man. He is just brave five minutes longer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    182 (x5)

I think the Demolisher cannon should be reduced a bit... or two... Apart from that very original idea and a nice conversion!!!
    Thanks to all the people showing faith in me

I sometimes feel that everyone will leave me and they will be on their own...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    542 (x8)

I prefer the first cannon, but agree with Tsele that you may want to trim it down by a good bit in order to put it more in line with the standard tank. Looks great though!

Tekore

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    55 (x4)

There is a strong contrast between the 'square' look of the tank and the more cartoony look of the armament. It doesn't sit well with me.

Raid any leftover bits from any old Rhinos to pad out the body of the tank.
    And over there we have the labyrinth guards.
    One always lies, one always tells the truth, and one stabs people who ask tricky questions.
    http://xkcd.com/246

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x2)

CBrate is right, the cannon just doenst look right. Maybe you can file down the rim of the cannon barrel, so the end isnt flaring out as much. But other than that, i think you just need to add more to the tank itself.

great job so far!

+ Reply to Thread