Painting Lizardmen-I need some help - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

Painting Lizardmen-I need some help

I'm a so so painter nothing special but nothing terrible and my girlfriend has recently gotten into the hobby and she decided to do a Lizardmen army. THESE GUYS ARE A MOFO TO PAINT!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm really starting to get pissed off at these guys. Every color scheme we decide on doesn't look good...the colors match and they look great together but they don't look good on the model. Does that make sense? Does anybody have any color schemes that they have used or seen used on the Lizardmen? If you have any pictures that would be cool to.

If anybody disagrees with me Chuck Norris will roundhouse kick you in the face.....not really. But wouldn't it be cool?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    85 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by churchic View Post
    Every color scheme we decide on doesn't look good...the colors match and they look great together but they don't look good on the model. Does that make sense?
    Try to narrow down the problem. Do the colors clash, look mismatched.... ?
    Also, what color combinations have you and your g/f already tried and rejected?

Does anybody have any color schemes that they have used or seen used on the Lizardmen? If you have any pictures that would be cool to.
    GW page should have a few, same for Lizardmen Army Book. If not much, it's still a place to start.

There are also two articles on CMON that may help:
    http://www.coolminiornot.com/article/aid/194
    http://www.coolminiornot.com/article/aid/13

Senior Member Giant Mutant Chaos Lord's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you could also google lizardmen schemes and see what pops up for you there
    Good Post? Do Rep!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie Drake View Post
    Pft, what a weenie. Hell, tell him that the next time you see him. Tell him that Katie Drake called him a weenie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

Well her favorite color is blue so she was using a Regal Blue for the base coat and I'm going to try to do the highlights with Ice Blue tonight (the really light color, I think that's it). Thanx for the help guys. If this doesn't work....then it's back to the drawing board Maybe a Scab Red base with ??????? for the highlights?
    If anybody disagrees with me Chuck Norris will roundhouse kick you in the face.....not really. But wouldn't it be cool?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

85 (x4)

As a highlight to Regal Blue, straight Ice Blue just isn't going to work.

Try: Regal Blue, then Enchanted Blue, then Ice Blue and finally a couple glazes of Blue Ink over the entire area.

This chart should give you a general idea of what colors should be used for successive layers of highlighting and/or shading. An intermediate mix or a later ink wash is usually a good idea to prevent too stark contrast between highlights and the surface.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x3)

Heres a link to a blog that i never got around to finishing, but i think i used a pretty good looking unique scheme.

http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...ad.php?t=96346 (Lizardmen Army in a Month)

Joe Peshi (lone wolf) kill tally:Lash Sorcerer, Ghazkull, Yriel, Termi Libby, Vulkan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I have a friend who plays lizardmen (I need to kick his butt to make him paint more often)

While he doesn't really have a set color scheme, he decided he'd go with "tropical frog" colors. Unfortunately he doesn't have many done....and of the ones he does, one of them is one he got me to paint XD Heck, come to think of it, none of them are done *shrugs* but at least they can give you a basic idea what he was getting at.

Either way, though...he left them at my house, so here's some pics of them for you ^_^ (Big picture alert XP)

Group shot of the only 4 that have paint on them XD

Close up of the only shaded one XD

Hope these help, even a little bit

Edit: I should probably mention that these are just testers for him. I don't think he ever decided on a permanent color scheme
    Last edited by Fern; November 3rd, 2007 at 00:54.

"Though our lands are sundered and many of our kin have passed, let us not weep, for our spirits remain unbroken and we shall defend Ulthuan and the Phoenix King to our last breaths."
    ~ Fern

My Blog :3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

82 (x3)

Games Workshop sometimes comes out with nifty little things that save us time and money (note I said sometimes x.x). They came out with a Lizardmen Saurus painter a while ago. This in no way removes the process of having a test mini, however, it should give you the feel of how some paint combo's will feel on them before you put brush to mini.

http://uk.games-workshop.com/lizardm...rus-painter/1/
    Quote Originally Posted by MiketehFox View Post
    Ze KHADORANS vill Krush other puny factions into ze Dust! Then vill spread on Sandvich and eat! MMMMMmmmm...

Senior Member Giant Mutant Chaos Lord's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This could look good:

Shadow Grey
    Spacewolves grey

For the skin and a darker blue for the back scale things
    Good Post? Do Rep!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie Drake View Post
    Pft, what a weenie. Hell, tell him that the next time you see him. Tell him that Katie Drake called him a weenie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

I FINALLY found a color scheme! It's about time, if you ask me! I saw a picture in the GW catalog and saw a black saurus w/ red highlights...IT LOOKS GREAT, and it's EASY!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast