My Tyranid army (lotta pics) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Tyranid army (lotta pics)

I painted this army for last years Baltimore GT but GW chose not run it and due to a family emergency I missed this years Baltimore GT! Since I couldnt show it off there, I thought I would here. As I said I did this army right after the new codex, before they were deemed beardy. I converted every carnifex is some way, but only converted one hive. I have alot of problems working with the all pewter models. Enough talk here they are.

Elite Carnifexs

Heavies

Hive Tyrants

This one was suppose to look like a gargoyle crouching on the pedistal but the conversion didnt work out.

finally my Tyrant Guard

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member Giant Mutant Chaos Lord's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMO purple and green are two colors that should not go together however you have done a fairly good job of pulling it off (although i think another color would look better)

I think you have done a good job of the purple but the green looks a little too black to light green with nothing in between

and finally the one in the pedestal looks like he is some sort of important guy who is going to sit back and order the army forth no don't worry to much about that
    Good Post? Do Rep!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie Drake View Post
    Pft, what a weenie. Hell, tell him that the next time you see him. Tell him that Katie Drake called him a weenie!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    266 (x8)

I'd say the colors look good.
    And the painting is way better than I'd have done (which isnt saying much, but still)
    purple and green are two gross colors so i think it works.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    211 (x6)

man... i should not have looked at your army after a 3 hour drive urgh...

i think you've pulled the colours off nicely here. if it is placed on any other army it'll look gross enough to wipe off the board.
    the Winged Hive Tyrant looks great, a worthy centrepiece for any Tyranid army!

the Tyrant looking at the book seems to be worthy of the title; "Bookworm", it really is a cool looking army. maybe you should enter the next GT. like anyones gonna notice 8Y

-Kai-Itza-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I originally started to paint the army I wanted to the green to have much more depth. This was only my 3rd army I painted and my first time at trying to add highlights. There is actually 4 different greens on them. But you cant really tell because I cant dry brush for the life of me. I painted the last green way too thick. I really think the tentical pink on tips of the armor helped alot. I didnt have that originally and the army looked really dull. Thanks for the comments.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x7)

Conversions are nice, and I also agree that the colours work well even if they lack that finishing "something". I especially like the wing membranes of the winged Tyrant!

However, for gaming, nevermind tournament use, I think they're a bit problematic because at least I can't tell which weapons some of them have by WYSIWYG so you'll always be explaining to your opponent exactly what they have...
    "The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all biomatter consumed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be devoured."

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

Nice work. I particularly like the wings on the canifex. The detail looks really good. Bases too.
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Floating around space finding and converting small planets into biomatter for the fleet.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x3)

Indeed, the wings on that fex/tyrant conversion look pretty awesome 8Y. Interesting colour scheme too, seems like something that would only look good on nids, which is ok since they are nids

Main Armies: The Septem Edo Hivefleets || Da Mekanikus of Mek Skagnatz || Clan Skrawlskir of the White Rat || The Eternal Legion of Chlorr

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They are all WYSIWYG actually. Almost every one of the elites have 8 limbs. All the elites have two sets of devoureres. I also modeled them with CC weapons so if I chose to run them with CC I could. I actually ran the three elites as heavies w/ CC and shooting in a tournament once. The only one I kinda wimped out on in weapons conversions is the flying tyrant. I just put the devourers on the tips. Not the best conversion but was kinda burned out on ideas when it came to modeling him.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

795 (x8)

Those things look interesting. I like the colour scheme, green and purple look very good together especially on alien types like Tyranids. I do like how much you have converted them all. My favourite is probably the winged Hive tyrant on the pedestal, I think it works very well.

The folding out Tyrant guard are also cool. It is interesting to see them one after another and see as they are meant to emerge from thier armour, I think that's what you were trying to do anyway. The Carnifexes also seem to have a good deal of motion in them which is good as the Carnifex can look a little static sometimes.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast