Different Races and their Blood - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    542 (x8)

Different Races and their Blood

So something that came up in my mind from a project I was working on and some discussion that followed, along with an Ork thread I was reading:

Does anyone know the different colors of the blood of the different races? It's a pretty interesting color that will come up is some conversions. Humans have red of course, as do (apparently) the Orks. I remember reading somewhere that Tau blood is Ochre, however. Does anyone know what color the other races bleed, such as the Eldar, Tyranid, and so on? I'm curious as to whether there has been any official word.

Tekore

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

I would think the tyranids would have varying types and colors of blood based on hive fleet, since they change, mutate and become different as they devour different worlds and pick up what is the most efficient for what they need.
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most Earth insects have sort of a thin pale blueish or purpleish blood, that would look good with Tyranids I think as well, but whatever contrasts with the model best would probably work. I thought Orks bled green (greenbloods)....or am I getting Warcraft and Warhammer confused again? Eldar would look good with green blood a la Vulcans I think...but given the pink tone of their skin it's likely similar to human blood.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by badmartialarts View Post
    Most Earth insects have sort of a thin pale blueish or purpleish blood, that would look good with Tyranids I think as well, but whatever contrasts with the model best would probably work. I thought Orks bled green (greenbloods)....or am I getting Warcraft and Warhammer confused again? Eldar would look good with green blood a la Vulcans I think...but given the pink tone of their skin it's likely similar to human blood.
    this just came up in another thread too, funny.

Ork blood is red in 40k. There was a WD article a while ago stating that orks use hemoglobin in their blood so so its red. They are green because they also are photosynthetic(if I remember the article right).
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    542 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by theyak View Post
    this just came up in another thread too, funny.

Ork blood is red in 40k. There was a WD article a while ago stating that orks use hemoglobin in their blood so so its red. They are green because they also are photosynthetic(if I remember the article right).
    Yeah, that thread is where I got to thinking about all this. I just didn't want to hijack that one.

Tekore

Wher dat naked blue chik? Jaffar_Hasad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    260 (x6)

[QUOTE=theyak;1035517Ork blood is red in 40k. There was a WD article a while ago stating that orks use hemoglobin in their blood so so its red. They are green because they also are photosynthetic(if I remember the article right).[/QUOTE]

I wonder why ork blood is red. The blood is full of spores, so why wouldn't it be green?
    Sleeping, not dead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Removed by the moderators.

Floating around space finding and converting small planets into biomatter for the fleet.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x3)

The photosynthesis idea fits, considering Orks breed in a similar way to plants ;Y. Nid blood is dark purpley black, as far as I can remember it being described in novels and such. Dunno bout Tau, but i guess Eldar would be red, just like humans.

Main Armies: The Septem Edo Hivefleets || Da Mekanikus of Mek Skagnatz || Clan Skrawlskir of the White Rat || The Eternal Legion of Chlorr

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

Well, the hemoglobin in our blood causes our blood to be red if I remember correctly. Since the orks have hemoglobin in their blood, it is red as well.

Eldar bleed red as well, just look at their skin tone.

-J

I'm back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eldar actually bleed a lightish-red.

Points for those who get my reference.
    Turtles For the Turtle God!
    Shells For the Shell Throne!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heh...I get the reference Lightish pink XD "Tucker......Tucker! I don't want to catch...pregnancy!"

But on topic:

I would have thought ork blood would be green. Who knew? XD
    I can definitely see Eldar having red blood. As several people have mentioned, their skin tone is the same, so why would it be any other color?
    Nids- I mean, come on...They're 'nids! Enough said XD
    As for Tau, I do recall hearing something about ocher as well (as someone mentioned above)

....>.> And on the lighter side of things

I think Necrons bleed transmission fluid...Or oil...Maybe windshield wiper fluid? Oh oh! Wait! They bleed glow stick goop! Why else would their eyes glow green? XD (*kidding* Man...so terrible)
    Last edited by Fern; November 6th, 2007 at 05:15.

"Though our lands are sundered and many of our kin have passed, let us not weep, for our spirits remain unbroken and we shall defend Ulthuan and the Phoenix King to our last breaths."
    ~ Fern

My Blog :3

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast