plasma pistol into bolt pistol - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

plasma pistol into bolt pistol

basicaly i need to do what my title says turn a plasma pistol into a bolt pistol for my wolf priest...its ulrik the slayer becuase i couldn't find another wolf preist at my local hobbie store....but could use all the help i can thanks in advance

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    262 (x7)

I have no ideas but posting in right area may help
    maybe cut off end of pistol and swap for bolter??
    or swap pistol out
    Miss Spam Master 2009
    The Briny Series: Urban War Beginnings | Cygnar
    Thrallstudios

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Belongs in the Conversion forum, not in Painting. Moving it for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for moving it to the right section...and thanks for the replies so far. But the model is medal well that matter in how to change because it came pre-attached to the body.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shouldn't be too hard to carefully saw or chop off the top of the plamsa pistol (leaving the hand, handle, and trigger guard), file it flat, then cut the handle and trigger guard off a plastic or metal bolt pistol hand, file THAT flat, and glue the bolt pistol top to the model's waiting hand, likely with a bit of putty to smooth out the edge.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    55 (x4)

All you really have to modify is the muzzle and cartridge. If it looks weird you can claim it was mastercrafted.
    And over there we have the labyrinth guards.
    One always lies, one always tells the truth, and one stabs people who ask tricky questions.
    http://xkcd.com/246

By the Silver Sword! Stormchaser's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x3)

Best thing I'd suggest is getting hold of a hand with a bolt pistol, clipping off the hand with the plasma pistol, then filing it smooth then using superglue to glur on the Bolt pistol hand. That's what I did for my chaplain8Y
    Codex: Legion Astartes - I am in need of Beta/proof readers and play testers
    The Primarch Project
    A Hero is no braver than the ordinary man. He is just brave five minutes longer.

qsd
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

69 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by badmartialarts View Post
    Shouldn't be too hard to carefully saw or chop off the top of the plamsa pistol (leaving the hand, handle, and trigger guard), file it flat, then cut the handle and trigger guard off a plastic or metal bolt pistol hand, file THAT flat, and glue the bolt pistol top to the model's waiting hand, likely with a bit of putty to smooth out the edge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormchaser View Post
    Best thing I'd suggest is getting hold of a hand with a bolt pistol, clipping off the hand with the plasma pistol, then filing it smooth then using superglue to glur on the Bolt pistol hand. That's what I did for my chaplain8Y
    Either one of these is the easiest way to go.
    Though the pistol is already attached to the body, its in a fairly good position to be cut off, so the work should be simple.
    There is no such thing as a plea for innocence in my court. A plea for innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty.
    - Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

75 (x1)

Cut off the whole hand, not the pistol.

I don't know what the figure you are working on looks like, so this is just idle speculation on my part, but as a rule, it looks better if you clip off an entire weapon and hand and replace it with another weapon and hand. The wrist makes a good surface for glue, and is even stronger if you pin it. Check around this forum for hints on how to drill and pin a joint. If you cut a pistol or blade from a hand and try to glue a new weapon on that hand, you run the risk of it looking slightly wonky. Cutting at the wrist is more likely to give you a better looking hand, since it was moulded that way.
    Just my 0.02 Imperial Credits worth.
    cheers
    TOMB
    Zapp: You see the killbots have a preset kill limit. Knowing their weakness, I sent wave after wave of my own men at them until they reached their limit and shut down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

to answer target the model is ulrik the slayer who is a SC because the space wolves don't have any regular HQ at the hobbie shop i shop at so thats why i want to change the plasma to bolt pistol

+ Reply to Thread