From Guants Work Bench: Demon World Terrian - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    266 (x4)

From Guants Work Bench: Demon World Terrian

Sorry its been so long since my last installment of how to build something or what not; getting into college can be a bitch and a half. But Im back and heres the first installment of Demon world terrain.

So what we have here is your average demon summoning gate and a good old chaos icon/statuary(Yes if you go to gamesworkshop you can see who the pros make theirs, this is my take on it). Now I was quick to build this and the pictures showing it step by step didnt come out so Im not going to include them, instead Ill explain whats going on and from this point on Ill take better pictures.

Chaos Summoning Circle

The gate was made by taking a long piece of foam and carfully sketching out the step pattern. Use a model with a large base for referance on how long to make each step and how high each one should be. It takes some time but once they are cut out it looks really cool. The platform should also be made out of foam but notch the bottom so that the stair piece can fit right into it, makes it easier to build and more stable. The top of the platform should be placed on a pillair of foam blocks that are carved to look unnatural, remember its from a choas realm. On the side of the staircase take a knife and carve out cracks and fissures to represent the powers of the warp ripping apart time and space; once these are painted it will look awesome to and which Ill show you in a later post. To bring the fissures onto the base use wood putty to create uprasied area that look similar to those on the foam.

The demon and terminator lord are to show just how this could be used in a game and for size referance. Yes those guardsmen charging up tje stairs are going to get PWNED.

The top of the platform is very important. Do what ever you want to here to make it fit your tables theme or what ever chaos power you want. To do this I grabbed my bitz box and hot glued some chaos spikes and chain all around the edges of the platform. Then I took a small block of foam and cut it out to look like a pedistal where you could place a book. In front of the pedistal is where the summoning circle will be painted on latter. Take a demon model and trace its base to see how big the circle should be. Try and figure out what you want to paint on the circle now and trace it onto the cirlce. Im using the universal chaos symbol though the marks on the chaos gods would also be good.

Chaos Idol

This one is a little easier then the large under taking of the summoning circle. Carve up a simple pilliar of rock from foam and glue in to a base. After that take a square of foam and cut it down to a square that could fit on top of the pilliar. Take this square and copy one of the chaos symbols onto the block. The easiest is Khorne, so that what I did for my first piece. Carefully carve out the symbol and then glue it onto of the pillar.

The figure is for size referance, yeah its just that big!!!

Thats all for now, next time Ill cover painting and finshing the terrian. Again sorry for the little amount of details, the painting and finishing article will inclue more.;Y

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

That will be the ownage when it's painted. GO CHAOS!!! >

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    542 (x8)

That's some great stuff, can't wait to see it painted up!

Tekore

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    72 (x3)

What material is the thing made of, and what did you use to cut it? Ive tried polystyrene and a wirecutter, but that gives me pretty clumsy results.

Looks amazing by the way!8Y
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...d.php?t=104497
    PM me about Aurora Prime Vassal fights! Willing and ready!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    266 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by AlbinoAlien View Post
    What material is the thing made of, and what did you use to cut it? Ive tried polystyrene and a wirecutter, but that gives me pretty clumsy results.

Looks amazing by the way!8Y
    Its simple pink insulation foam, glued together with both white glue and hot glue. I then used a steak knife and a serrated butter knife to do the carving. Hot wire cutters are cool and good but its better to learn how to carve with a knife. Just keep working on it, heck its taking me almost 7 years to get to this point

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it needs a altar then it shall be complete muw hahhaa

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

266 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by xpistalpetex View Post
    it needs a altar then it shall be complete muw hahhaa
    When ahead of you on that one, look at the semi finished photo and you'll notice a small raised cube. That will have a book glued onto it and already has a chaos mark on the side of it. SO I guess it counts as an alter, though I just might make an entirly seperate piece of terrain to represent a big alter. Thanks for the idea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

266 (x4)

Half way done with Painting

WEll I base coated and did most of the painting on the demon gate and here it is. . .

The detal painting will now start. The demon circle is base painted and yeah.

And here you can see the rifts in the warp that I made. Useing gloss varnish you can make them shiney forever.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice work, I really like it, especially the warp rifts

DOWN WITH THE FALSE EMPEROR!!!MAY HIS GALAXY BURN!!!

Insert Witty Comment Here Goblin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    67 (x2)

LOVE IT! Very cool terrain peice!

I hope to see more soon! Keep up the awesome work!

-Goblin

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast