Water - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Water

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Water

For my ruined city table i have decided to have an urban river/drain. Water effects is not cheap and i dont really want to spend that much money. Is there another way to do good looking water? I have thought about just using PVA glue mixed with a little brown paint, has anyone done this successfully? I could also use varnish but i'm not sure if this is going to give the effect i want.

I've probably just answered my own question but ideas?

DOWN WITH THE FALSE EMPEROR!!!MAY HIS GALAXY BURN!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    266 (x4)

For us cheapskates out there and those of us who just dont ahve the money to buy wood varnishes or "water effects" there is a simple solution. For your waterway simpley paint it as you woukd want it to look. Make it brown and green and all that jazz untill your happy with it. Then go to Michaels or your crafts store and buy a .99 cent bottle of glossy finish fingure varnish. Apply a good amount of this on your first coat and let it dry. It looks wred while drying but awesome when dry. Then apply two or three more coats untill its where you want it to be. Over time the shine will fade alittle but that can be fixed but a new coat of the finish. It looks good and its cheap. Good luck with your project,

Fox

+ Reply to Thread