My Miniatures so far... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CHECK BELOW FOR PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ya wow, that didn't work... i have a photobucket account, how do i upload them???

Last edited by Lost Nemesis; November 25th, 2007 at 05:06.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    542 (x8)

From there, at the top rightish of your screen, you can pick three pictures at a time by hitting "Browse" and then finding the file.

Once you have three, press "Upload".

Once it's done uploading the pictures, scroll down and you will see them. Press "Edit" on them, one at a time.

At the Edit Screen, change the size to "Website", which I believe is 640 by 480, and will be appropriate for this forum.

Go back to your main account screen (where we uploaded pictures).

Scrolling down, you should see the pictures you uploaded. Each one can provide a "Direct Link", which you can get by single clicking the where it says "Direct Link". It automatically copies the link for you when you do that.

Now, when you are making your post on LO, and you are ready to put a picture in, click the yellow button up top on the bar that starts with the Bold button. It's a yellow button that has a couple mountains and a sun on it. it pulls up an option that allows you to put the url of the image in it.

Put the url that you copied from your picture on photobucket in that slot, and press enter.

Looking forward to seeing your pictures up here!

Tekore

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

K thanks a ton, here are the pics!!!

Space Marine Sergeant that comes with battle for macragge, first 40k guy i painted! (took me like 10 hrs for that one guy!)

Fire warrior i converted slightly to be holding a space marine head.

My first attempt at using Greenstuff, turned out horrible. There is a Genestealer hand and a tyranid warrior head on the base.

A tau gun drone, pretty good IMO. for some reason, the glue i was using had weird affects on stuff... like the rocks and the thing holding the model up.

Pretty good i thought. The weapon plateform that comes with the eldar guardian box. I tried to do some good color change on the barrel, didn't turn out horrible.

Another space marine, one of my first models. I tried to do osme highlighting, you can see it really well on the face and knee pads.

Tau fire warrior. Sorry for the blury picture.

One of my most recent models. I thought it came out pretty good. I am (as we speak, or type i guess) working on a wraithlord with the same color scheme, and i'll post some pictures of that as it comes along.

Any feed back is great...

and thanks again Tekore for the tutorial, appreciate it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

nice job! i really like how (at least from the pic) the 2 drones look really nice and sharp, especially with the black lining seperating the colors... i also really like the gems on your eldar. keep it up ;Y
    COMMISSIONS NOW UP: www.powerklawkommissioning.com
    Don't quite have the time to paint?
    Check out the site - Great prices, Great painting!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the gems look better then they should considering what i did. i painted them red then put watered down orange on top... thats it, no gem painting or anything... lol...

but thanks for the compliments.

is Alpharius FabricatorGeneralMike's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Brother_Captain_Devon View Post
    the gems look better then they should considering what i did. i painted them red then put watered down orange on top... thats it, no gem painting or anything... lol...

but thanks for the compliments.

The one thing I would consider doing is getting rid of the moldlines, nothing ruins a good paint job faster then seeing a huge ugly mold line runnind down the legs and arms of a model. You can really see it on the guardians left leg and on his knee pad. The other pics are to dark to see them and make a opinion of them.

http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...ad.php?t=89907

That link there is Minus-T's guide to minature photography. I would give that a quick read and then try taking them again. The ones that I can see look alright, they just need some shading and some highlightling on them.
    FluffMaster on a mission to turn people to the Sisters of battle, yes folks it's all about SoB squads in Repressors with lots of flamer templates for the win.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    979 (x8)

Cunningly, the Fabricator General has said the things I was going to say for me.
    Getting rid of mould lines is a really simple, easy thing to do, but will make anything you paint look immediately 10 times better.
    If you're just starting out in the hobby, I would reccomend getting 'How to Paint Space Marines', it has some very good tips in there, with some nice guides to basic techniques (drybrushing, inking, layering etc etc), as well as some good pointers about mini preparation.

-t.
    minus_t's painting log! Now with: More Wolves and Blue Robots!
    Last updated 09/01/11

"Never before has another man made me want to go out and buy vasaline"~The Paint Monkey

"All I can remeber is Hazard stripes and -T's dusty brushes. ~danjones87

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    425 (x8)

I am guessing that you are fairly new to hobbying?

At any rate aside what was already mentioned about mold lines and picture quality... my observation is for the most part you did a great job getting the paint where it goes. There might be a few minor touch ups needed to clean up some paint but overall they look neat and tidy.

It looks like when you started your Eldar you were getting the hang of things as they look much improved over the other figures. The weapon platforms blended color is nice.

I am not too keen on the large rocks for the bases for the tau but that is a personal preference. It doesn't look naturally occuring to me and thus out of place. I would use smaller grain sand/flock and only accent with the larger rocks.

If you are looking for specific advice to improve or help using a particular technique - please don't hesitate to ask. I am confident you will get plenty of guidance...

Cheers,

-Mike

Now offering an affordable Tournament Legal Quality Commission pricing. Find out more here!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks a ton guys... and how do i get rid of mold lines, just use a knife to shave off a little???

and how old is the Space Marine guide, i just don't want to buy it and then two weeks later then announce a bigger and better one is coming out!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    425 (x8)

It is a few years old. I think it came out when they re-did the space marines. It is a great reference book though for basic techniques. It is worth buying. I don't think they will update it anytime soon.

For plastic figures I find it best to scrape the x-acto knife blade across the mold line "shaving" it down until it is smooth with the figure. If you cut it off you run the risk of gouging out the model as well as the mold line - which would be worse.

Cheers,

-Mike

Now offering an affordable Tournament Legal Quality Commission pricing. Find out more here!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast