Horrors of Tzeentch conversion ideas - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    255 (x6)

Horrors of Tzeentch conversion ideas

The regular box of daemons is fairly expensive so I was thinking of what I could use to convert some of my own. I have a bunch of gors sitting around unmade because GW is stupid and packages their boxes of beast herds with a bad ratio of gors to ungors. I was thinking of using the gor bodies and buying a dryad sprue to add a bunch of funky growths to the beastmen paint them a sickly pink color and call the horrors. What other ideas do you guys have and what other bits should I get?\

Here is some inspiration I found that makes me think it might work.
    http://us.games-workshop.com/games/w...yad_Ungor1.gif
    http://us.games-workshop.com/games/w...RobedGors1.gif

I am not sure if I like the robes or not.

I am trying to make my gors look newly corrupted and "daemonized."

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

I think it could work well. My understanding of horrors is that they're constantly shifting and changing, just a little more stable in appearance then spawn, so I think this makes sense. Not sure about the 'newly daemonised' idea (never heard of mortals becoming regular daemons), but I think the models will work.

As for additional parts, nothing jumps to mind (at least nothing relatively inexpensive). For the models I would probably try to minimize the clothing on them as much as possible (as clothes don't really fit with horrors), though I think simple robes might work better then armour. I'd also try to minimize the woody appearance of the dryad bits as much as possible, but the pink colour scheme should help with this.
    -destp
    Thousand Sons ~2750 points | Eldar ~1000 points
    Tzeentch Daemons ~2000 points

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by destp View Post
    I think it could work well. My understanding of horrors is that they're constantly shifting and changing, just a little more stable in appearance then spawn, so I think this makes sense.
    Spawn are stable, they are throwaway, why would a god bless somthing like that anyway?
    Horrors are beings of change, but still rather stable in the mortal planes.

Quote Originally Posted by destp View Post
    (never heard of mortals becoming regular daemons
    There's a spell or two that do just that.

I'ld go for an old school look and just give squigs arms.

+ Reply to Thread