Painting Ulthwe - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Painting Ulthwe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Painting Ulthwe

Hi, I am kind of new to painting so any kind of tips advices are appreciated I am collecting Ultwe craftworld and I have sprayed them black and I wonder how could I get them look interesting. I was thinking to paint my army in "glowing black" theme but I am at the open sea in this one.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    61 (x1)

Well... I posted a pic of some of my Ulthwé Fire Dragons some time ago... They are highligthed from black to orange, and I'm currently painting Scorpions from black to brigth green...
    I searched for the thread, but the picture seems to have vanished... See if i have time to take some new pics of the FD and SS exarches tonigth...
    Last edited by The Watcher; November 30th, 2007 at 01:24.
    Currently painting the Waaagh! of Warboss Borboss - Goff and Evil Sunz warband

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x2)

It depends how good at painting you are and how much time you have. I'ld go with minimalistic armour and then blend the shuriken catapults through a few colours as you go down the barrel (e.g. red to yellow) and I'ld also vary the colours from squad to squad for easy recognition.
    Be sure to make the face stand out from the rest of the figure, a coloured face in a black helmet or a black face in a coloured helmet.
    I've not painted any eldar in a while so I can't give too much advice but always highlight black towards kommando khaki.
    Hope that's a help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Painting Ultwe

about my painting skills I have only tryed dry brushing, so could you guys give me detailed list how to paint Ultwe guardians, and if you have any expirience about banshees that would help also alot, I am also considering to buy a unit of striking scorpions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

I thought this was going to be like painting the severn bridge - "how to paint ulthwe" - you start at one end, work your way to the other and when you finish you start again!

However, if dry brushing is your limit then drybrush with shadow grey very gently and then with lighter greys even more so, finally add white points, try going to to the GW site and look up SM, you will find under black tmplars some good examples of highlighting black

It would be worth looking at the technique known as dry blending or layering as this is generally the next step on the voyage of the brush, minus-t should be sorting out some tutorial, either his own or a link, in the stickey at some point, probably this weekend
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

91 (x2)

Chaos Black undercoat, CB + Kommando Khaki mix (70/30) drybrush, KK+ CB mix (60/40) drybrush.
    If you want to add some colour then mix a little strong coloured paint in to the drybrush stages.
    Banshees- it really depends how you want them to look.
    Scorpions- Black undercoat, CB + Goblin Green mix (70/30) drybrush, GG + CB mix (60/40) drybrush, Black wash.

That's how I would do them anyway if I was only drybrushing.

Hope that that is a help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Painting Ultwe

woah, tahnks alot though. Though as I mentioned I am a new guy in painting miniatures so next time could you avoid using shortances for and example I have no freaking idea what KK is ;?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Painting Ultwe

Oh, and about those Banshees I intent to paint their armour bone like and power swords propably go blue

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

91 (x2)

Sorry I was just abreviating the names of paints I had already said. CB= Chaos Black, KK= Kommando Khaki. I just naturally assume that people understand me so long as I do.

Bone is tricky, which is to say somthing that I do not usially do. Also as I've not painted an eldar in years so I cannot advise bone eldar armour too well. Powersword wise I'ld be inclined towards a dark blue base (I'm not up to date with the blue paints) and a much lighter highlight drybrushed on, followed by a blue or purple wash to bring the colours togeather and make it look more polished.

I can brainstorm for bone if you want if no body else offers help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you alot Walex, well I am one of those sunday painters as I am new in painting, so could you tell few examples how I am going to paint cool looking banshee very detailed if you may... and and by "was you guys mean that I buy ink of some sort and if so what kind of ink should I buy ?

1. base coat
    2. colour nro1
    3. colour nro 2
    4. etc...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast