Harlequins - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Harlequins

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Harlequins

They are kicking my ass pretty solidly. The bodies are relatively standard if not dainty ( most of my past painting is purely Marine oriented, so this is a pretty big leap all things considered) but the faces are the most irritatingly difficult things. My question to all of you folks is how to get the masks to look smoothed out while using bleached bone and still have some definition. Right now the faces either come out white and chalky no matter what I do, so I need a hand.

If anyone has any "face" advice, please post up. I'm going a bit crazy.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    85 (x4)

Thin your paint with a detergent. THis will allow for some easy smooth transitions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x3)

Genereally all you need to do is use water. I would suggest basecoating it infoundation astronomicon grey. (Be sure to thin it) This should take about two coats. Then thinned bleached bone should go over it relatively easy.

Joe Peshi (lone wolf) kill tally:Lash Sorcerer, Ghazkull, Yriel, Termi Libby, Vulkan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x2)

If the problem is hilighting bleached bone then try working towards kommando khaki instead of skull white, that should take the chalky look away.
    I'ld be inclined to shade them rather than do a lot of hilighting though- back towards black.
    Up, up and away!

King of the Burning Sands Backdraft005's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    71 (x3)

They are tiny models aren't they? Probably calls for creative ways to paint them. Hmm, I'd suggest cleaning off the excessed metal off, then wash them. Followed up with a black primer, but with only to light coats. Finish the covering of it with 2 to 3 layers of thin black paint. The dry brush it with a the lightest gray, this should bring the detail to the surface. The as the other members have said, use slightly watered down paints. Wondering why I added the two details earlier? Well what I've found with models that very small and fine detail, painting them is hard if the base coats have already filled up the limit of the paint you can apply without obscurity the details. I've not tried the detergent trick but i would guess it it is effective if you can get it to a thin consistency without the air bubbles or the bleeding of paints.

in the end, its trial and error. if u need to clean them, paint thin them and use a needle to clean out the fine detail. thats all i can suggest.

+ Reply to Thread