Scratch Built Empire Steam Tank - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scratch Built Empire Steam Tank

Here is my first Empire Steam Tank;

For more photos;

http://empire.unimogtr.com/Warhammer...m_Tank_Mk1.asp

I appriciate your comments, I will be building 2 more to have an Empire "Armoured Fist" Platoon. :party:

CountNecrons Project

We are counting Necrons; http://countnecrons.unimogtr.com

All Necron players please join us !

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    539 (x8)

Hahahaha, funny stuff, the barrel might be a bit too chaosy though and you might want to add a bit more "iron plating" effect, empire tanks wouldn't be made of large rolled-out pieces of steel but smaller parts, other than that, great work.
    Got a "good" rumour from a GW staffer? Forget about it, LO'ers know more than any random GW shop staffer.
    Voor alle nederlanders:
    The Dutch Legion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x6)

Not bad little more detail needed

Quote Originally Posted by unimog View Post
    Here is my first Empire Steam Tank;

For more photos;

http://empire.unimogtr.com/Warhammer...m_Tank_Mk1.asp

I appriciate your comments, I will be building 2 more to have an Empire "Armoured Fist" Platoon. :party:

Honestly not bad, maybe add a little more detail as you go along and I think it will took good. I never liked the full metal model and your making a nice alternative still based on the original. Plus as long as your using the general shape and GW bitz, nothing says you cant use it. And there's the nice part that with a little elbow grease your 3 steamtanks will still be less than the original
    40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

I would buy a little bit of plastic rod (at your hobby shop if you've got one) and cut off little pieces to make rivets in the metal (make it look welded or bolted together)

I don't see how you can field 3 of these and keep your friends (unless they field the equivalent number of Star Dragons;Y)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x6)

not that hard to kill

Quote Originally Posted by buckero0 View Post
    I would buy a little bit of plastic rod (at your hobby shop if you've got one) and cut off little pieces to make rivets in the metal (make it look welded or bolted together)

I don't see how you can field 3 of these and keep your friends (unless they field the equivalent number of Star Dragons;Y)
    Honestly, as long as one of his friends is Dwarves its all fair in love and war. Dwarf cannons can pound the crap out of a steam tank easily, and when you add in their bolt throwers it can get pretty vicious. Also if ever an empire player runs into a Dwarf lord in a unit of Hammers kiss that Tank good buy. When facing the multiple steam tank lists, i usuall bring the lord on a shield who has a greatweapon which is str 6, that can cause D6 wounds. With a little luck you can pull that steam tank down in 2 turns.

Orcs deal with stanks just as easily. A little magic plus some magic items and the steam tanks usually drop pretty quick, add bolt throwers and DOW cannons and its pretty entertaining. A good warpath will hit 2 tanks for D6 Str 6, each. I've even managed to headbut a couple tanks with str 5 hits that ignore armor saves.

Remember you don't have to kill them, just make it so the empire player is afraid to use them as they could blow up
    Last edited by MouseC112; December 11th, 2007 at 16:38. Reason: add.
    40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    59 (x1)

It's a really good start. All you need to do now is cover it in extra junk: shields, rivets, scrolls, boilers, engines, etc. I do a lot of steam-powered models myself so feel free to PM me if you want. But anyway, it's a good start. Cool.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sorry to resurrect here, but i thought maybe id throw in my design!

Warhammer067.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

pretty simple to make, and i saved about 60 dollars!
    "okay, so my genestealers have 28 attacks on the charge..."
    "Ugh..."
    "Stop whining! you have 2+ armor saves and a 4+ invuln-- oooh... 12 sixes... sorry, mate"

recent game against chaos space marine kid.

+ Reply to Thread