My 'arachnogaunt' - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My 'arachnogaunt'

Hey hey Well...I converted a gaunt!! Hehe, anyhoo - I'm going for a sort of arachnid sceme for my whole army, 8 legs and stuff...so I wanted to test it out and see how it looked before actually converting alot of things in my army (carnifexes being one of them)

So...Onto business! First, I appologise for the terrible quality of pictures as I haven't used a camera in a long time...heh.

Uhh, I made 3 legs out of devourers (the very front two and the back one sticking into the air) the other 5 were made out of sprue. I used alot of greenstuff, a sculp tool and a rotacraft drill to file and cut things, mainly becasue my friend who lent me basically everything wouldn't lend me cutters or a file

So I'm sure you all want to see the pictures...and here they are:

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j2...t/DSCF1385.jpg
    http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j2...t/DSCF1382.jpg
    http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j2...t/DSCF1370.jpg
    http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j2...t/DSCF1365.jpg
    http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j2...t/DSCF1359.jpg

And just to make anyone who likes it jealous, I have to give it away! I told the guy I borrowed the parts off he could have the model back as it was just a concept and something to get my greenstuffing 'skills' back So he's gonna get this little thing

But comments and critisizms are welcome and appreciated

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dude those pics are blurry, except for the last one, and from what i can see it looks cool. Nice job :happy:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -47 (x0)

It looks ok, a little flat where there's all the green stuff, but those photos are woeful.

Formerly BrotherAzriel Horus Lupercal's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    138 (x6)

aside from the picture quality i think they look allrite mate, like the concept but dont you think thats going to take forever to make a whole army of them?

if you have the patience time and money i think a whole army of these would be freekin awesome.
    PROUD TO BE IN THE BRITISH ARMY.
    ~~ Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death~~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    101 (x3)

From what i could make out of the last picture, the concept looks cool, though theres a little flower icon on most digicams that enables macro mode - use this when taking pictures up close and it focuses better

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

795 (x8)

I think from what I can see of it that it looks good. However you should be careful as to how big it's legs get. If they are too big they can't fit on thier bases. I think the concept is good though. What you should do is refine your method in giving your Tyranids extra legs. Those legs looked a little ramshackle to me. Make them connect with the bodies better and make the limbs smoother.

Here are Spider riders. The parts from them should be helpful in making your Tyranids spidery. http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefr...009&orignav=13

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    266 (x8)

Just a tip, if you have a crap camera like mine, it actually takes WAY better photos from about a foot away. Seriously.

Floating around space finding and converting small planets into biomatter for the fleet.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x3)

Looks rather good from what I can see . Agreed with everyone else though, you SUCK at taking photos my friend :rofl. Oh well, at least it looks a little bit more intact than fluffy (Have you even finished that yet ). Back legs do look a lil flat though, gotta admit. Nice idea though 8Y.

Main Armies: The Septem Edo Hivefleets || Da Mekanikus of Mek Skagnatz || Clan Skrawlskir of the White Rat || The Eternal Legion of Chlorr

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    542 (x8)

That is a cool concept though, and you've implemented it well. That would take forever, I think, to make an army. It's a shame you have to give it back, but your friend will certainly enjoy it. Nice work!

Tekore

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the replies guys! And if there's one thing I take away from this thread, it'll definately be the unanimous vote that I can't take pictures. At all. Ever.

ANyhoo, I'll try and respond to everyone (sorry I haven't done it before now - I forgot my password)

Winterous - that was one of the lucky legs to be made out of sprue, but I'll be adding detial to it at a later date ^_^

BrotherAzriel - Well I was thinking abotu making around 5 and then making moulds of them and working from there.

Izzinatah - There is no flower mode

Leech - 5 of them were ramshackled together! Out of sprue, hence why they look bad when I do the actual gaunts I'll use devourers/scything talons for all of the legs. And it's about...3 times the size of a normal base I think, might be two...Two to 3 definately.

omgitsduane - I tried it, and it worked!! Well, I still managed to mess it up, but I think it would have worked if I wasn't using the camera ^_^

Seasonreaper - haha...No, Fluffy is still sitting in my conversion box waiting for me to glue the elgs back on

Tekore - Thanks! I think he's planning on shelving it till I finish it, and he'll probably do some wierd gaurd converion with it

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast