Bad Moon Yellow, too watery. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bad Moon Yellow, too watery.

Ok, ive bought two little paint things of Bad Moon Yellow, the first one I bought was really watery and just smeared around on the models I was trying to paint and I could barely use it at all. So I bought another one, this one too was watery.

How can I "thicken" up the paint or remove some of the water?..

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

Yellow's are much thinner then other colors.

Did you shake it well before using it?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    979 (x8)

As Sinjin says, yellows are notorious for their general poor coverage etc, and in my experience, Bad Moon Yellow is the worst offender. Try Golden Yellow for a warmer colour, or Sunburst Yellow for pretty much "pure" yellow.

Are you trying to paint straight over your primer? This will inevitabley lead to problems with any light colour...
    I would thoroughly reccomend building up to it, either with 2 coats of Iyanden Darksun (foundation paint), or a layer of 50/50 Scorched Brown/Snakebite Leather then pure Snakebite leather.

If you're painting something that is mainly yellow (ie: an Imperial Fist Space Marine) then I would suggest starting with a white primer, then painting the yellow all over (try using an air brush if you can get one).
    Wash the yellow with Snakebite Leather, then highlight the edges with Skull White. Finally, glaze the entire model with Yellow again. This should look a bit like the yellow areas on these guys:

Hopefully some of that was vaguely useful...!

-t.
    minus_t's painting log! Now with: More Wolves and Blue Robots!
    Last updated 09/01/11

"Never before has another man made me want to go out and buy vasaline"~The Paint Monkey

"All I can remeber is Hazard stripes and -T's dusty brushes. ~danjones87

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    76 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by minus_t View Post
    As Sinjin says, yellows are notorious for their general poor coverage etc, and in my experience, Bad Moon Yellow is the worst offender.
    Agreed, though yellows in the Vallejo range seem (to me) to have better coverage than the GW ones, if you are planning to paint a lot of yellow, it would be worth picking a couple pots up ;Y
    "In dedicato imperatum ultra articulo mortis"

+ Reply to Thread