Guardian heavy weapon - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guardian heavy weapon

In the guardian section of the Eldar codex, when talking about the support platform, it says to assume that the weapon is being held by the one firing it. Has anyone tried to model a guardian holding a support weapon?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Borderlands addict Phoenix Lazarus's Avatar
    There's no place I can be, since I've found Serenity.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    148 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by SNChalmers View Post
    In the guardian section of the Eldar codex, when talking about the support platform, it says to assume that the weapon is being held by the one firing it. Has anyone tried to model a guardian holding a support weapon?
    I don't think it they're supposed to hold it, considering its mounted on an anti-grav platform to be honest. However, I'm guessing the Eldar are stronger than they look so it could be possible..if anyone has actually tried modelling it. Why not give it a go yourself?

:happy:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    61 (x1)

This is great... This thread was also posted in the "modelling forum", where I responded, but that thread seems to have vanished...

But what i replied was something like this:

Have You seen a guardian? Have You seen a eldar heavy weapon? The weapons is about twice the size of the guardians, and therefor they are mounted on a platform. You could of course glue a brigth lance on the shoulder of a guardian, but i doubt it will look good.
    Currently painting the Waaagh! of Warboss Borboss - Goff and Evil Sunz warband

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea, something as big as a bright lance wouldn't look good, but something smaller like a missile launcher is about as tall as they are. shoulder mounted may be the best way to go. ill try and attempt it sometime and post pics if i can get it to look somewhat decent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -47 (x0)

*ahem*
    Eldar missile launchers are quite large.
    The shuriken cannon is the only thing I could see it working with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

even SCs are too big, the model would look unbalanced, the plaform is much more "Eldarish"
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    61 (x1)

The shuriken cannon is also quite large, about the same length as a brigth lance.
    I don't think that any of the h-weapons will look good on the shoulder of a guardian, but please, feel free to prove me wrong.
    Currently painting the Waaagh! of Warboss Borboss - Goff and Evil Sunz warband

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

goeveusg

aqeneuwl pueofuxvjpenluhd zrwefgusb wvpequuhd arketlupx gabejruyf tatemuuns baaerxukb zboeerukb e

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x1)

Here's an idea, and the only way I can think of to make it look half-decent. Grab some Dark Reapers and do a headswap to give them Guardian helmets creating a heavier, bulkier and thus more realistic "heavy" base for your support trooper. The pose of the Reapers with their launchers is already perfect to slip a Guardian Heavy Weapon in (may need some minor GSing or handswaps to make everything sit properly). A little reworking of the backpacks should see you able to swap the Reaper ones for the standard Guardian ones, and a craftworld-specific paint job will ensure they're not mistaken for Reapers on the table.
    "I like your style. You make up your own rules, just like me. Bean counters said I couldn't fire a man just for being in a wheelchair. Did it anyway. Ramps are expensive." - Cave Johnson, Portal 2

+ Reply to Thread