Need help Painting my stegadon!!! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    In your face, up my butt, and around the corner
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need help Painting my stegadon!!!

I've got a stegadon but I don't know what colors the Games Workshop use to paint it! I know the Stegadon itself but I don't know what colors they use on the howdah. Need help!!!

That's me when I have too much coffee in the morning. Watch out!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    258 (x5)

Hey mate, this post really belongs in the painting forum, so don't be too surprised if a mod comes along and moves it soon.

As for the colours - I don't know sorry. You could try looking in the Lizardman army book, they often have info on how the 'Eavy metal team have painted the GW studio armies. Another option is looking on the GW website for the colours. Alternatively why not just make up your own scheme to make it just that little bit more personal.

Good luck whatever you choose to do mate, sorry I could not be more helpful

Rich.

"Praise" for rp252:
    Da Mighty Camel:
    No, for your information, rp252 is lonely because he is hideous
    Jaffar_Hasad:
    Behind his ugly bloodthirster face, there's some wisdom stored away for moments like this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    425 (x8)

A reference picture might be helpful... otherwise I am afraid I have a similar answer to RP252 - don't know and/or find a scheme that is your own...

I haven't seen the painted pics of the model in question but if it is wood I would start with a dark brown - perhaps a dark brown/black base and work up to whatever brown you feel would look best as the highlights... perhaps as light as graveyard earth or even a hint of bone white... (this will give you a paler more ashy looking wood...) If it gets too light you could wash it with a brown ink wash...

I am willing to guess though that you will be hard pressed to find a complete paint formula that the studio uses. Usually you get a base, midtone, and highlight but I am sure they paint more layers than that...

Cheers,

-Mike

Now offering an affordable Tournament Legal Quality Commission pricing. Find out more here!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    457 (x8)

I'm not a fantasy player but I'd say the same thing to a player looking to paint a Baneblade or Titan -- what's the model for? If it's a show piece then just do it however you want. Pick a color scheme and come back with specific questions.

If it's for an army, well, the obvious question is... what's the rest of the army look like? Post a description at least, but pics would be better. Do you want the Steg to look like the rest of your crew or should it stand out? Also, what's the setting? Is this a land of fire or ice? Desert or woodland? That should go a long way toward dictating your scheme.

Good luck!
    Mickey: "You're just making this up as you go along!"
    The Doctor: "Yuuuup. But I do it brilliantly!"

Check out my WIP thread here (Clicky!)

The rules (Clicky!) Read 'em, know 'em, love 'em.

Peace, through superior firepower.

In your face, up my butt, and around the corner
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah thanks. I'm just going to use either chaos black w/ a codex grey highlight or Snakebite Leather with a Snakebite leather/ Bubonic Brown highlight.
    That's me when I have too much coffee in the morning. Watch out!!!

+ Reply to Thread