Big, Bad, Baneblade! (WIP) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    256 (x5)

Big, Bad, Baneblade! (WIP)

My marines are still waiting to be really "finished", my Grey Knights and Stormtroopers are stuck in limbo, and there's a pile of other projects bigger than I am waiting for me in my workshop... And they all got shoved even further onto the back burner when Apocalypse came out. I know, I know - long overdue projects before impulse buys, but this one's just soooo cool... Not to mention a whole lot bigger!! (Wait in line? Why? Run the line over!)

It may not be the Stormblade I've wanted for years, But I'm absolutely nuts over the new Baneblade! (1/3 the $$$ certainly helps!!)

Anyways, I just figured I'd share what I've got to show so far. It's essentially finished, but it still needs most of the detailing and of course a fair bit of weathering. The paint scheme is adapted from WWII German Panzers, and I was quite surprised at how well it translated to this beast. It ate nearly 2 full pots of paint, though - Yikes!

Larger Version

Rear View

Top View

So, what do you guys think? Good? Bad? Ugly? (hope not!!) Suggestions, comments and critiques are quite welcome!

We've got plenty of youth... How about a fountain of smart?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x2)

Oh wow! I love it! You got it right, very German WW2.

The airbrushing (spraying, etc.) looks nice and smooth, and its a good choice of colours.

Well done! ;Y
    But I call to God, and the LORD saves me.
    Psalm 55:16

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

;?...wow...

that looks AWSOME!!!! (did you get the enphasis on the awsome?)

love it ;Y
    Loss is acceptable, Failure is not!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

Very nice work, Wraith. The camo blends evenly, and it's a consistent pattern.

What kind of airbrush and paints do you use, if you don't mind me asking?
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    273 (x3)

Nice. I dig it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

I think we should do a Baneblades-only gallery post here on LO

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by SmokWawelski View Post
    I think we should do a Baneblades-only gallery post here on LO
    This does seem the going trend. I suppose it 'might' have something to do with Apoc.

Wraith, do you mind if I add your above picture to my image files for use them in the 'pics of the day thread?'
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    542 (x8)

Wow, nice painting! That's really got a great feel to it, with the camouflage just perfect. I'd love to see that on the table (just not across from me!)

Tekore

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

256 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
    Wraith, do you mind if I add your above picture to my image files for use them in the 'pics of the day thread?'
    Do I mind?? Of course not! Go right ahead! Here's another one, for good measure:

As for my Airbrush setup, I'm using a Badger 175 Crescendo (meaning to look into adding an Iwata brush sometime in the near future), and the paints are a mix of Tamiya (the sand base and a bit of hull red mixed into the brown) and Gunze Sangyo (the green and most of the brown mix) acrylics.

Thanks for the comments, guys. And as for seeing it across the table, don't worry too much - yet. While it's only managed two kills in its lone battle so far (both Hammerheads), it kept another eight Hammerheads and Sky Rays (one big block of Tau tanks fielded en masse) permanently stunned until a Scorpion and Pulsar Revenant Titan turned their attentions to me 5 turns later!
    We've got plenty of youth... How about a fountain of smart?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    542 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    Do I mind?? Of course not! Go right ahead! Here's another one, for good measure:

As for my Airbrush setup, I'm using a Badger 175 Crescendo (meaning to look into adding an Iwata brush sometime in the near future), and the paints are a mix of Tamiya (the sand base and a bit of hull red mixed into the brown) and Gunze Sangyo (the green and most of the brown mix) acrylics.

Thanks for the comments, guys. And as for seeing it across the table, don't worry too much - yet. While it's only managed two kills in its lone battle so far (both Hammerheads), it kept another eight Hammerheads and Sky Rays (one big block of Tau tanks fielded en masse) permanently stunned until a Scorpion and Pulsar Revenant Titan turned their attentions to me 5 turns later!
    Oh man, picture is so saved for later use.

Tekore

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast