My Mephiston - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My Mephiston

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    542 (x8)

My Mephiston

Although I haven't based it yet, I just wanted to see if there were any constructive opinions I could get on this Mephiston I'm doing. I haven't done the base yet, but am trying to get it done in the early afternoon today.

Tekore

Edit: I do the best I can on the pictures, following -t's guide almost 100% (I couldn't find blue tac, so my paper is held up by clips!!!). I even waited to use natural light. I don't have any photoshop skills (just got it).

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    397 (x6)

The cape and robe look good, but there isn't much contrast between the two. He looks like very red and nebulous from the neck down.
    General Project Log Things I Paint
    Seeing Red A Khador Log
    Stuck Between Stations My Blog

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    85 (x4)

Nice. Could use a few light ink washes here and there, though - currently there is a distinct absence of contrast between the shadows and highlights.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x2)

Shouldn't a librarian wear blue armour?
    As has been said he is very red, perhaps if you were to use two diferent reds for the cape and skirt or paint the cape lining black then there would be more contrast.
    I'ld plonk a chessnut ink on the cuirass, that's the kind of area it excells in.
    Up, up and away!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    61 (x1)

Yes, librarians usually wear blue armour, but that is Mephiston and he doesn't.
    Currently painting the Waaagh! of Warboss Borboss - Goff and Evil Sunz warband

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    542 (x8)

Thanks guys, for the most part. I've put on several red ink washes on his robes to get more depth, and plan on using a brown/red and then a black to differentiate the robes from the cloak. In hindsight, I would have used white or black as the color of the inner cloak, but by the time I realized the problem, it was too late. At the moment, Mephiston is attaching to his new base, which I made from pink foam and fluff, so he'll probably sit for at least 5 or six hours before being handled again. Will try and get pictures up when he's had the aforementioned work done.

Tekore

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

Washed and highlights will fix him up nicely.

Undersecretary of Decay Radioactivejack's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A good coat of watered down (bout 3:1 water:ink) brown ink on the WHOLE model (except the sword blade) would really sharpen him up. You'll be suprised how well it picks out the details in such an unobtrusive way. I would say ink, then highlight with a little blood red on the raised folds of the cape, you should be set. For the sword blade - paint boltgun metal, dry brush mithril silver.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. - Douglas Adams

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

542 (x8)

Here's where he's at:

Tekore

+ Reply to Thread