(Very) Radical Inquisitor and his "pets"... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

(Very) Radical Inquisitor and his "pets"...

Have been on the roll last 2 weeks: One Destroyer, 6 DCAs, and one Inquisitor :party2:

Yes, I know - did not perhaps "show" that he is still an Inquisitor... No clue on how to accomplish that short of some uber freehand on the cloak that I am not capable of at this stage of my “painting development” I am afraid. Some of the harsher highlights have been toned down on his green cloak – those show only after you take a picture of them and see them from a different “perspective”. The staff and face are also shaded - this does not show well in my picture here...

Anyhow, here he is – still not coated in case some good ideas would pop up here - My radical Inquisitor with his pack of Death Cult Assassins...

PS. I think that I am ready for those "family" photos of my whole army - unless I do decide to paint my Living Saint - the Unicorn of every WH painter... ugh

PS. Wonder what would Karamazov do to him ;?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

qsd
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    69 (x2)

I like it. Nice work ;Y

To show that your person is an inquisitor, maybe you could try making some kind of stencil for the designs?

I have to say though, he kind of reminds me of palpatine - evil, strange pale guy in a hooded robe

There is no such thing as a plea for innocence in my court. A plea for innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty.
    - Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x2)

Love the colours mate! Very nice combination and your painting is great as well.

Highlights on the Inquisitors green cloak look a little bit sharp though.
    But I call to God, and the LORD saves me.
    Psalm 55:16

Aliens ate my soul. Chubby_Jedi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    358 (x6)

Very nice work!
    Rep to you! ;Y
    What unit does the death cult assassins count as?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    I AM BOOMER!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

DCAs count as DCAs... I just need the moody Inquisitor to "authorize" their use based on the codex restriction, so they go into an army together. Plus, I needed a guy that would be willing to take Daemon Hosts as well. And he is not armed with anything specific to symbolize his reliance on psychic powers.

Green highlights - yes, indeed those were already fixed somewhat. Some of the blue ones are also overdone, but when on the table, they look OK due to the distance being… oh several times what you get when taking pictures. When going over some of my older models I notice how I switched from nice, smooth transitions to harsher ones that do not disappear when coated and the figure is actually played. I guess that was my way of switching from "display mode" to "tabletop mode" of painting...

Palpatine - this was my idea exactly, but I was not able to find any model closer to him that the one I used above, of course after cutting his horns off. The staff was not really needed either, but cutting that away would be harder to accomplish (given model's pose).

THX

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    397 (x6)

All of the models look very good. My only suggestion is to try and make the bases a bit more similar. Right now the assassins look like one army and the Inquisitor looks like another one (this is because the assassins are blue on a black base, and the Inquisitor is green on a yellow/brown base). The only unifying color between them is the gold-ish detail work, and alone I don't think it is strong enough to tie the models together. Overall though, a really good job.
    General Project Log Things I Paint
    Seeing Red A Khador Log
    Stuck Between Stations My Blog

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

280 (x6)

Very good point, I did not think of that. I recycled the base from my SOB part of the WH army. It is resin, so I am not sure about how to strip and repaint it - automotive paint stripper that I use might damage it perhaps? Model is not glued in, so I might give it a try today... Worst case scenario I will just build a new base for him.

THX

qsd
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    69 (x2)

Try out Simple Green. Its pretty effective for paint-stripping.
    There is no such thing as a plea for innocence in my court. A plea for innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty.
    - Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

280 (x6)

Turns out that one coat of "stripper" did not do much damage, but the second one started to eat resin away... Oh well

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

280 (x6)

Base has been redone. Some of the highlights toned down. he is getting varnished now. THX

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast