WIP Imperial Guard Mortar Team - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    288 (x6)

WIP Imperial Guard Mortar Team

Hi Guys,

I have taken a small hiatus on the Planetary Governor. The green stuff thing is really hard and I am bored of fiddling with 15 different bit of leg trying to get the pose right. So I thought I would post this model. This is my colour scheme test for my Imperial Guard. I am trying a few things out, including the foundation paints...

I thought I would drpo a few pics in so that you can see how I progress through putting a model together. As this is a rank and file trooper from an army of 150 please don't comment on this guy as though I was aiming for a GD win.

However if you do have ay questions about my work I am happy to anser them.

Ok first of all some of the first stage pics.

and

I have then base coated the trooper and applied a shading wash to his fatigues and flesh. I haven't done anything other than basecoat the armour so far...

I will be adding more posts to this and my other projects listed in this and the modelling forum as and when I get around to doing more work on them...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x2)

The scene itself looks very cool I think. A wounded guardsman hiding in cover while trying to shoot enemies. Might do something similar in the future sometime... (that is whenever I get to doing a cadian army). Love to see the thing painted up entirely, the guardsmen itself is looking very nice

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    288 (x6)

Thanks

Hey Thank you very much. I saw the model in the HQ set and thought "Ah hah, I know where that's going."

I want to use NMM to paint the visor. Can anyone suggest any good tutorials or guides on that point? The ideal would be for glass or a visor but just plain NMM would be fine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x3)

Are you done painting it or no? I like it but I don't think it is done and if it isn't may we see more pics I love it so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit
    Geez, toon, your avatar changes more than Bill Clinton's campaign platform.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    70 (x1)

Looks pretty good at the moment, but once you finish the base and put a few highlights on the mortar, it'll look spectacular.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

288 (x6)

Finished? Nope

As you can see I haven't even undercoated the base yet. The wounded guardsman is serving a double role as part of this team and as the test model for my colour scheme. I am going to be using a basic camo pattern, based off of one of the ones that appears on the GW site. Camo is not so tough to do.

I will be doing a bit more work on this very soon and when I have I will get some more pics up so that you can follow along.

So just in case it isn't clear from the WIP bit at the top; I have barely started work on this model.

+ Reply to Thread