Looted Wagon WIP - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    266 (x8)

Looted Wagon WIP

I've decided that my rhino is way too ugly to be used with my pretty marine army and so I've scraped all the crappy glue joints off it, cut it in places and poked it with a soldering iron many many times.

This is the basic plan for it, I will more than likely head for a the kannon coming out of the hole almost directly instead of the turret idea cos I think it looks quite a bit better.

This is where I am at right before I goto work, I'm kind of tired and not feeling the best so this will be all for now.
    I'll go into more detail tomorrow.

C&C welcome

Edit: I've decided to give the wagon a name, as it makes sense since the oomies get to name their tanks, and orks iz beta anyway so I 'ereby krisen yu da "deffboomer"

Last edited by omgitsduane; August 8th, 2008 at 03:40.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The design of it looks good. Can't wait for more pics
    It is insufficiant that I succeed - All others must fail.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    266 (x8)

Yeah I'm pretty bumed out today, I took in a lot of those plastic fumes haha so thats all the work I'm doing today.
    Once this is done, I'll be sure to get started on that titan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oooh yay

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

266 (x8)

I'm currently uploading photos of the wagon right now onto photobucket, after the last photos I havn't been keeping up to date as much as I'd like and I apologize but there is a lot going on here and I'm about to start operation massive-job-search-flux-activate-go-now.

I've put down plates, and that big shoota, as much as I loved it, had to go to make room for the tasty kannon I've built.

Keep in mind that its not finished yet, I'm still looking for ways to orkify the kannon and the rest of the vehicle so bear with me.

I added support straps I guess would be the wording for them - to the side of the barrel and to make it a little more 3d instead of bland and flat, I want to add more to it but I'm just not sure yet.

The turret tilts slightly forward, so I'm going to have to weigh down the back end somehow, thinking either with shells for the gun, or by making some sort of gubbins on the back with wires and whatnot.

I'll let you know how it goes.
    C&C welcome.

Edit:
    Done the kannons and the shelf to hold them, trying to bring balance back to the turret... how's it look?

Last edited by omgitsduane; August 8th, 2008 at 03:40. Reason: update

The Orange Grey Knight MiketehFox's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    196 (x8)

I'd say the Barrel seems too long.

But they are Orks...

Mike

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

266 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by MiketehFox View Post
    I'd say the Barrel seems too long.

But they are Orks...

Mike
    Yeah orks tend to focus more on how much ammo they can pump out rather than what it hits, so the bigger the barrel and longer the more impressive, its all about impressions in ork society thanks for checking up, now that the barrel is fixed there it would be risky to cut it off anyway so thats my story and I'm sticking to it

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

229 (x4)

Duane, you're a freaking machine.

Kudos on the idea of savin the rhino.
    Makes me rub my chin in ponderance looking to my neighbor with his new orc box set, wondering if he wwould like a few 3rd ed. rhinos...
    hmmmmm
    Sho: out.

Rome wasn't built in a day, Either should good scenery.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The shells on the shelf of the turret look unreal! Keep it up :happy:

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

266 (x8)

Question?

I have some photos of the tank, I know its been a few days without any work but I've been busy applying for jobs without a single call back, I hate employers.
    anyway here are some photos...

The gubbins are looking nice, but there is a lot of work still to do with the turret and in particular the barrel. I want to make it look a bit orkier and chunky but I have no idea how.
    I'll be attaching some thick card for "teef" at the front, and maybe on the turret if it calls for it... we'll see how it all goes, there will be pics so just relax peoples...
    I have to also make some wartrukks and warbikes with my spare bits from when I took the old ones apart, they were dog ugly.

So I'm going to have to draw up plans for that, I have done plans for a few mek boys, and also a shokk attack gun home made, looks good on paper but... you know.

I was going to strap the big shootaz to the barrel of the kannon for a few reasons:
    1)orkyness - whats the easiest way to shoot all your guns at a target? strap them all together.
    2)I can't have it sitting back on the roof anymore because the turret will hit it too often and thats no fun.
    3)I think It might look pretty cool if I do it all right.

I'll come up with some quick ideas of how I'd do it, and then I'll report back

also on that note, has anyone seen that episode of the simpsons where homer joins the nra, and during the meeting at his house moe brings over a shotgun with 4 other guns attached to it...
    It looks ridiculous and more trouble than its worth, but I thought the idea COULD work for our orky pals. any thoughts?

EDIT : big shootaz

So the ideas aren't the best, but bear in mind, I'll be making a tiny tiny trigger on the guns, with a piece of string to pull on them that will lead to the turret, unless I make some sort of mechanism to do it, but string is plenty orky.

This will be a lot easier with the string, one piece tied to both trigger, easy peasey. And I think it looks good where it is in this photo, I may put some plates there, so its not just hanging from wire, can't av dem dam mekboyz skrewin evryfin up.

Again, simple idea, but it works, other than just strapping it on so simply like in these 2 examples, I don't know what else to do, can't have them too close to the barrel because of blowback from the kannon, and I'm intending on doing more details on it anyway...

any thoughts guys? If I don't get replies I'll just go with the 2 strapped on the same side as its slightly easier to pull off...

More pics when I can..

I think its very close to being finished, clean up a few things, more wires and its ready!
    I've made a glyph for the side, to give it a bit more detail on that board besides some giant blank board with nothing on it, the other side will need one too, I'm not sure what though, maybe a picture of a gun, or a crosshair, or even a simple explanation mark?
    The cannon will have "deffboomer" written on the side of it, and the paint will be mostly red, I will be undercoating it black though, cos black always looks cool.

I stuck the guns to the side of the barrel, in the most orky fashion I could, I wanted to do the triggers like I said, but it would of been way too finicky and I just don't care for things like that this close to the end of a project...

I've also drawn up designs for trukks and warbikes for the list, I'll put them in this post, but any details further, I'll put somewhere else...

C&C PLEASE?

This will be the warbike and wartrukks I'll be making today after I hopefully get some work done on the deffboomer.
    It all seems pretty straight forward to me, but its going to probably be almost scratch built, as its more fun and will look better and I'll be more proud, the things to the right of the warbike are other handlebars, as we cant have every bike exactly the same can we? no. we can't.
    Anyways I'll update for the wagon when I get it done today hopefully at least the building side.
    Last edited by omgitsduane; August 8th, 2008 at 03:41. Reason: Update

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast