Pre-Heresy tanks - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    By the Silver Sword! Stormchaser's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x3)

Pre-Heresy tanks

To go with the the spate of Pre-Heresy threads, I come to the subject of vehicles.

I know there is a pre-heresy Land Raider from Forge world (yes please) But what am I to use for other pre-heresy tanks?

Are the old school rhinos/predators etc. still available? Or should I find a way of converting the current Rhinos etc.?

Any and all help is appreciated 8Y

Codex: Legion Astartes - I am in need of Beta/proof readers and play testers
    The Primarch Project
    A Hero is no braver than the ordinary man. He is just brave five minutes longer.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i am pretty sure that there were no Razorbacks, and pretty much all the vehicles available to chaos were around...

i think you should use the new rhino, and add more heraldy and such...

but i don't know if tanks were that common back then because in the Horus Heresy i don't remember any tanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x2)

Las-tech was virtually nonexistent. razorbacks with heavy bolters were a go, they were being used afaik. Need any more info, I really suggest reading the Horus Heresy books, especially 1-3. They have battle scenes and stuff that you would need. They are very descriptive. Also do a search in the fluff sections, I'm sure i read about this a few days ago. SHOWER TIME!

as for older stuff, check ebay. stuff is really cheap, and it's old-school.

might as well mention that assault cannons were not produced yet.

Remember, if someone helps you with anything, REP THEM!

Quote Originally Posted by 10th Lyran View Post
    "Wow, that's awesome, I wish my leg looked like that!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    262 (x7)

Mk1 Rhinos were used. Very few landspeeders were but they were around. Basically anything older MK2 rhinos would look silly and out of place.
    Miss Spam Master 2009
    The Briny Series: Urban War Beginnings | Cygnar
    Thrallstudios

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    539 (x8)

Didn't they still have loads of jetbikes back then?
    Got a "good" rumour from a GW staffer? Forget about it, LO'ers know more than any random GW shop staffer.
    Voor alle nederlanders:
    The Dutch Legion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

By the Silver Sword! Stormchaser's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x3)

I was considering finding a way of converting jet bikes, and count them as normal bikes

I've seen the old razor back with a marine opperating the turret, and I was considering converting him for fun.

I am in the middle of reading False Gods, and have finished Horus rising. So far I haven't come across anything specific about the vehiles save for Titans and Stormhawks
    Codex: Legion Astartes - I am in need of Beta/proof readers and play testers
    The Primarch Project
    A Hero is no braver than the ordinary man. He is just brave five minutes longer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    539 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Stormchaser View Post
    I was considering finding a way of converting jet bikes, and count them as normal bikes

I've seen the old razor back with a marine opperating the turret, and I was considering converting him for fun.

I am in the middle of reading False Gods, and have finished Horus rising. So far I haven't come across anything specific about the vehiles save for Titans and Stormhawks

Get this guy! Warhammer 40,000 - Dark Angels

Games Workshop US Online Store
    Got a "good" rumour from a GW staffer? Forget about it, LO'ers know more than any random GW shop staffer.
    Voor alle nederlanders:
    The Dutch Legion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Stormchaser,
    I'm working through the Heresy series myself, and from what I can tell, Landraiders were virtually non existant in this particular time frame. A new fangelled weapon of war.

From extra reading I've seen in the way of mechanised vehicles, Stormbirds, thunderhawks and drop pods were the main assult vehicles.

Support wise, I've not read anything on Rhinos, but I would imagine that they would be used, but with hardly any varient. Some speederbike have been mentioned but would be the early variants.

Titans and dreadnaughts were deffinatly used on the battle field as were marines with jet packs.

Ebay is one of the best source's for early citidel models, there are even a few late 80's early 90's lead figures on there.

I'f a MK1 or 2 Landraider can be found, a possible "prototype" Landraider conversion would be interesting?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought landraiders were the norm and so commen the normal human forces used them as regular tanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

landraiders are around, and are in the horus heresy, i think the third book...

and for lascannon tech... in the first part of the first book a marine has a lascannon...
    so ya, they're there... but i am pretty sure razorbacks are a post heresy thing

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast