Creating a Heavy Bolter Servitor - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Creating a Heavy Bolter Servitor

Hey there everyone, now personally I hate the cookie cutter and cliche models of the daemon hunters, and especially the gun servitors, the gun servitors look like if they stepped the wrong way they would topple over and couldn't get up because of the massive bolter that is higher than its head. So i am starting my first total conversion project: 2 heavy bolter gun servitors.

Now i have never used green stuff, or much of any conversion stuff but here is what i plan to do:

Of course i cant make it that detailed and exact to my specifications, but i want to get it pretty close. What i ask of all of you is if you could help me figure out the parts i can use for parts of the body. this is what i was thinking:

Body(legs and torso):Techmarine if there is any other body that comes to mind that would fit better, and with less stuff on it please let me know. because i think the techmarine has a bit too much stuff on it to be a servitor, but i can always cut and green stuff it. i would rather add on then take away though

Head: unknown
    Now for the head i want something that has a electronic eye piece of some sort, preferably a space marine helmet so i can make the vents in the front smoothed over like in the picture

Arm(s):unknown
    I think one arm will be a normal space marine arm but i want one to be a robotic one that carries the gun

Gun: Gun servitor heavy bolter, it will be glued to a robotic arm

Misc:Where can i find pipes and hoses and hydroloic-looking stuff for the robo arm?

and suggestions or comments please post them, i really want your feedback.

(\_/)
    (0.0)
    (><)This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this message into your signature to help him on his way to world Domination!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyone?
    (\_/)
    (0.0)
    (><)This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this message into your signature to help him on his way to world Domination!

Wher dat naked blue chik? Jaffar_Hasad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    260 (x6)

I'm going to guess nobody has responded for 1 of 2 reasons.

1. You have never pulled off a full conversion before. You have no experience with GS. The best we can do for that is point you in the direction of a good GS reference. Do you have pics of your other works with conversions to show what skill level you are at?

and reason 2

2. You posted a thread in the modeling forums. For some reason since the change to no separate conversion section, everybody and their mother has a conversion (or just an idea that is never done) that they post. The conversions aren't that bad, it's just that other threads go ignored. I know how you feel. I have my own thread that I updated and received no attention. Life is hard unless you are a natural at modeling, or if you are one of those new guys that is not quite good but everyone pays attention to you in hopes you make progress.

Good luck with your conversion. The techmarine body would be quite big. I'd suggest using regular marine legs and leave out the dangly crotch thingy.
    Sleeping, not dead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Removed by the moderators.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Using an actual Heavy Bolter could be a real pain if you want your servitor to be in a similar pose as it is in the drawing (Which is quite nice i may add) so if it's not a big deal and your heart isn't set on it you could get a two bolters, sand two matching insides down so they can be glued together and cut of the barrels of the bolters and the barrel of any other gun with a similar barrel (Another bolter, bolt pistol etc.) and make a triangle out of the barrels, two on the bottom evenly spaced and the third in the middle above them. Just ideas though.

Goodluck!
    It's been a minute.

Aliens ate my soul. Chubby_Jedi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    358 (x6)

O.k,
    I will see if I can help,

Body(legs and torso):Techmarine if there is any other body that comes to mind that would fit better, and with less stuff on it please let me know. because i think the techmarine has a bit too much stuff on it to be a servitor, but i can always cut and green stuff it. i would rather add on then take away though

I think this would be a good start for the body.

Space Marine Techmarine And Servitors (5 models)
    I suggest using anyone of the servitor’s bodies.

Or you could try using
    Games Workshop Online Store — Pit Slaves
    These models are pretty cool, and have cyborg parts already built on.
    I really like the Pit Slave Techno.

Head: unknown
    Now for the head i want something that has a electronic eye piece of some sort, preferably a space marine helmet so i can make the vents in the front smoothed over like in the picture

Isuggest using this head
    Games Workshop Online Store — Chaos Space Marines Havocs (5 models)
    You’re looking for the Chaos Havoc Sergeant Body. The head is very cyborg like!!

Arm(s):unknown
    I think one arm will be a normal space marine arm but i want one to be a robotic one that carries the gun

I think you will find the perfect arm here.
    Games Workshop Online Store — Bounty Hunters
    Look for the Bounty Hunter 2 Bionic Arm.

Gun: Gun servitor heavy bolter, it will be glued to a robotic arm

Space Marine Techmarine And Servitors (5 models)
    This should suit your needs or you can try the chaos marine heavy bolter.
    Or this,
    Games Workshop Online Store — Orlock Heavy Bolter

Misc:Where can i find pipes and
    hoses and hydroloic-looking stuff for the robo arm?

That’s easy, use guitar wire. It’s very thin so it’s easy to use. Cabling can be made by tightly wrapping it round
    a cocktail stick this can be bent in to shape and makes nice looking power cables. Plus it’s cheap as chips!!

I hope this will help. I gotta say using these bits will make you one cool gun servitor but it will be pricey.
    Get your self a paper round and you will be able to build loads of them in a few weeks!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    I AM BOOMER!

Borderlands addict Phoenix Lazarus's Avatar
    There's no place I can be, since I've found Serenity.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    148 (x3)

I think a good set to get some bits from is this Games Workshop Online Store &mdash; Iron Hands Space Marines Squad (10 models)

The sergeant's head would make a good servitor head and there is one gun arm in there which looks 'hard-wired' into the actual gun, which would make a good heavy bolter mounting.

Now I don't know where you live, but from where live Hobbycraft is a good place to find thin plastic rod, very thin wire, etc. It just depends on where abouts you are.(Not meaning to brag, but if you look at my iron warrior warsmith conversion I scratch-built the bionic leg) Guitar wire looks good as well, as in the stuff that looks like ribbed piping.

Hope that helps! :happy:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well thanks for all the help, greatly appreciated, i made up a list of parts I'm going to use along with links so here it is

-sarge body

-legs/head: legs are legs 2 i believe and head is sprue 1

-bolter and backpack

http://store.us.games-workshop.com/s...&Image1=Search
    -arm

Iron Hands Heads Sprue 1
    Iron Hands Legs 2
    Space Marine Servitor Heavy Bolter
    Space Marine Servitor Heavy Bolter Backpack
    Chaos Havoc Heavy Bolter Arm
    Chaos Havoc Sergeant Body
    Pit Slave Arm - Shears

those are my pieces, and I'm using the chaos heavy bolter arm for the other arm. My only concern is that hes going look like a chaos servitor... but i think with a file and some green stuff i can fix that.

I'm getting the second head in case i don't like the sarge body

so what do you guys think of the updated list of parts?

sorry my links aren't working right..
    Last edited by Grimgnaw; January 26th, 2008 at 15:39.
    (\_/)
    (0.0)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

stupid double post sorry
    (\_/)
    (0.0)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    255 (x6)

I find brettonian men at arms can give good bodies and legs for servitors as they have a crusading feel to them that matches the theme of the inquisitors. You then add the appropriate wires and tech doodads and it comes out looking pretty nice and is fairly simple to work with. They end up looking very unique, the only downside is that you will have leftovers from the sprue, but they can just go in your bitz box for later conversions.

+ Reply to Thread