Elysian conversions - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Elysian conversions

Afternoon everyone,

I had initially brought this up in another thread, but I had an idea of using the Imperial Guard Cadians as Elysian conversions with some minor tweaks and FW parts. (Talking about 2-3000 points or more, no Valks)

Buy the Imperial Guard Company - Direct Exclusive from GW
    Buy the Emperor's Talon Recon Group - Direct Exclusive from GW
    And then from Forge World:
    -Elysian Weapon Pack (no lascutters, but other weapons with tripods)
    -Elysian Equipment Pack (demo charges, etc)
    -Elysian Drop Zone Equipment (scanners, etc)
    -Elysian Drop Troop Heads with Respirators/Normal
    -Elysian Grav Chutes

Use the Cadian full models minus the spare weapons and the helmets and sub those with the Elysian FW pieces, to include the demo charges, weapons packs and the like. Give them the Grav Chutes. Talon Recon group is pretty much the same as the dropped Elysian Sentinels so just some minor "Elysian" flare and you should be good to go. The only thing I would want in addition to this list are Tarantulas, maybe 3 of each to cover the bases, and that would be it. If you wanted Lascutters you would probably have to get that as well from FW, but thats a small squad and you wouldnt spend a fortune there...

Considering you are paying in upwards of 24 pounds (45 USD?) for a squad of 6 regular Elysians, I think overall this would save you a small fortune, look very Elysian, and still have the WYSIWYG for any games.

Thoughts? Ideas? Has anyone done this? Lessons learned?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    457 (x8)

I've never tried to make Elysians, but I've been pricing parts for multi-part, as-much-plastic-as-possible stormtroopers, and I found Pig Iron Miniatures has some very interesting heads you could easily use to mix things up, and they're TONS cheaper. Box of 20 for under $10 US. Look on thewarstore.com.
    Mickey: "You're just making this up as you go along!"
    The Doctor: "Yuuuup. But I do it brilliantly!"

Check out my WIP thread here (Clicky!)

The rules (Clicky!) Read 'em, know 'em, love 'em.

Peace, through superior firepower.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    182 (x5)

I don't know if still ordering from FW would make it economically viable. And if you think of the time they do to deliver their orders, in some pieces not wanted too much by people, then it may take not only a fair amount of money but a considerable amount of time as well...

If I were you I would try to minimize the amount of FW items and try to make them from GS instead...
    Thanks to all the people showing faith in me

I sometimes feel that everyone will leave me and they will be on their own...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the ideas. I do have access to a 'bunker' which stocks FW pieces regularly. I also am maybe 30mi from Baltimore and Games Day is just a few months away so that's a plus, but I will check out the other ideas to cut down on the overall price.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    539 (x8)

One of the striking things about elysians (i think) is their quilted patches.
    Now this is easy to make, just put some greenstuff on the models and cut diagonal lines into them.

Bottom most picture, quilting!

BTW: 1500th post!
    Last edited by Zema; February 4th, 2008 at 10:49.
    Got a "good" rumour from a GW staffer? Forget about it, LO'ers know more than any random GW shop staffer.
    Voor alle nederlanders:
    The Dutch Legion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

Just watch out for the lasgun conversions. If you want elysian lasguns throughout your army be aware that the cadian lasguns have the hands molded to them but the elysyan ones don't.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

madcat, I think Zemo was just posting how to do quilted patches, he is rather up to his kneck in his own converted Cadians from what I have seen, and BTW elysian rifles come with hands moulded on (2 hands in the majority of cases) unless you buy the weapons pack, which would be rather an absurdly expensive method of getting falshlights
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awesome, thanks for the ideas folks!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x1)

A themed army is always great, but really you should probably be holding off on starting this project. If the rumours are true, then plastic Stormtroopers (with possible grav chutes, shotguns, etc) could well be appearing in the near future. Add the rumoured plastic Valkyrie and you have the basis for your desired army, if you can wait that is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    539 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by mercenary View Post
    A themed army is always great, but really you should probably be holding off on starting this project. If the rumours are true, then plastic Stormtroopers (with possible grav chutes, shotguns, etc) could well be appearing in the near future. Add the rumoured plastic Valkyrie and you have the basis for your desired army, if you can wait that is.
    Well, you can wait, but as rumours go, plastic stormtroopers is an old 1.

Plus you don't know how they are going to look, appearance wise.
    Got a "good" rumour from a GW staffer? Forget about it, LO'ers know more than any random GW shop staffer.
    Voor alle nederlanders:
    The Dutch Legion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

+ Reply to Thread