Dark Eldar Apoc - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dark Eldar Apoc

Senior Member Commissar_Malevich's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dark Eldar Apoc

Well yeah...has anyone out there seen any Dark Eldar super heavies or monsterous creatures or anything big for apocolypse? I was kinda thinkin of doing some sort of giant talos but I duhn know what to make it outa!

Armies:
    Nids 2500pts and Breeding!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    57 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Commissar_Malevich View Post
    Well yeah...has anyone out there seen any Dark Eldar super heavies or monsterous creatures or anything big for apocolypse? I was kinda thinkin of doing some sort of giant talos but I duhn know what to make it outa!
    Well, the Dark Eldar are raiders... they really don't do super heavies or monsterous creatues... They're whip-quick and deadly fast, partially because they have to be; paper-thick armor is not condusive to taking large amounts of fire.

Personally, I was amazed to find out that the Dark Eldar were given anything new for Apocolypse, but they were: Dark Eldar Ravager Titan Hunters

The Dark Eldar do not use the super-heavy war machines favored by other races, instead relying on their superior speed and maneuverability to achieve victory. To this end, the pirates of Commorragh field elite Ravager crews to locate and neutralize enemy Titans and battle tanks ahead of the main assault. These Titan-hunter packs employ a technique called 'Shadow Dancing' to preserve themselves from the worst of incoming fire. Using their immaculate reflexes the Ravager pilots fly perilously close to the ground, skimming treetops — sometimes even skirting between trees — and using the silhouettes of enemy vehicles to mask their approach.

Once the pack has closed to weapons range with the target Titan, the lead Ravager triggers its shadow beam. The resulting etheric lance probes the prey's defense shields with warp rift energy, creating the smallest of breaches in the defenses. This weakness is so minute that the Titan's crew remain unaware of its existence and only the uncanny reflexes of the Dark Eldar could hope to exploit it. Customizing their targeting systems and Dark Lance modulations, the Ravagers accelerate towards the doomed Titan, unleashing pulses of lance energy to cut the beleaguered behemoth apart, leaving its allies ripe for enslavement
    Yes, its only a data-sheet, no new models to speak of, but thats no big surprise. However, that does leave you to convert the titan-killing shadow beam weapon yourself, so theres you're project right there!

The cool thing about Apocolypse is that if you're not satisfied with not having a titan available to your force, you can always borrow one from another army list. One of the Eldar titans would probably make the most sense, though I personally can't imagine the Dark Eldar bringing a titan into battle.

Maybe your Archon has an over-imaginative and hyper-productive Haemonculus and he makes a super-sized version of a Talos. A Brass Scorpion would fit the bill nicely.

Other than that, I really don't think you're going to get away with much else without having your Kabal ally with another race (improbable) or have your opponents yelling "CHEEZE" at the top of thier lungs.

This was a triumph...
    I'm making a note here:
    HUGE SUCCESS
    Its hard to overstate my satisfaction.
    Adeptus Mechanicus;
    We do what we must because we can
    for the good all of us,
    except the ones who are dead...

+ Reply to Thread